or Connect

Posts by MyBabysMomma

My son (almost two) loves to play with an old baby doll my grandma gave him from a garage sale. The thing stinks of "baby powder" and all I can think of when its near is all the chemicals its probably off gassing (really the thing sweetly stinks).   Anyway, I've wanted to get him a Waldorf doll to replace it, but the price of these dolls (though I'm sure are worth it) are out of our range (I am NOT skilled enough to make one). I'm worried I'd spend the money and this...
I love this thread! So funny! I think I've read them all in bits and pieces and didn't see any like these:   --You are in a new area and see a store called "Mac & More" and think it will be a great semi-healthy deli type lunch place that your kid will love! And its really a Macintosh Apple store... --You dream of apps for your phone like a park finder
A lot of folks use flour sack towels as flats. They are a single layer of 100% cotton and measure 29 x 29  inches. You can get them from walmart, target, sams (in the kitchen towel section)... places like that for about $1 each. The ones at walmart (Mainstays brand) and target (REI brand) are sold as 3 or 4 packs. I prefer these over old baby blankets and flannel because its hard to use a Snappi closure on flannel.   For covers, may favorite cheap one is Econobums....
Thanks for the replies! I'm trying very hard not to get frustrated with the eating thing. My biggest concern is that he really doesn't increase his nursing when he decreases his variety. He just wants one or two things for EVERY meal and snack. One day he literally ate 3 cups of cherry tomatoes and maybe a quarter cup of wheat crackers and only nursed four times.   It doesn't help that my mom, who normally gives me very solid advice, thinks that I should give him his...
My DS is 17 months old. He still nurses about 3-4 times a day, but his food habits are starting to drive me crazy! I need some suggestions or reassurance and am hoping you all can provide it =)   He used to be a great eater. He'd eat almost anything I put in front of him. Lately he'll focus in on one food for several days and will refuse to eat anything else. For example, the only things he would eat today were tomatos and wheat crackers (literally... I tried about a...
I second everything in the PPs. My DS (16 months) loves to play and explore with things that aren't toys!   As far as actual toys goes... He loves to play with simple things like blocks, balls, books, and puppets when I play with him. Solo play, he loves toys that mimic me (a toy mop, his own laundry basket with towels, pushing his stuffed animals in his stroller, etc).   The one thing that really helps him focus on more simple toys is to have an uncluttered...
I just wanted to mention how much I've enjoyed this post so far. I thought it would have gotten out of hand a long time ago (bashing, hurt feelings, and attacks) and am so pleased to find a good debate on an important subject! Thanks for letting me read along!! =)
Hi Sarah! My name is Meghan and I just moved to the Montgomery area in March. I am also a SAHM to my 16 month old, Joey, and my DH is also in the military! I'd love to get together with you or with a natural parenting group! I'll stay tuned to the thread, but feel free to message me!!
  I love the way you put this. Thanks!    
Thanks so much! I feel better already! I'm still not sure what I'll do re:his doctor, but just to be on the safe side I think I will look into the vitamin D supplements. Especially since the AAP link does recommend them... and I tend to cover my son up if he's going to be outside for any length of time.   Thanks again!!