or Connect

Posts by MommyEnchanted

This is our BIGGEST issue. We finally came to an agreement on what acceptable human behaviour is. We said that anything that infringes on the three basic human rights of Life, Liberty and Property, are unacceptable. He thinks that because we are our children's authority, caregivers, and source of survival, that they need to mind us. I was like... Blind submission to YOUR orders is not how I want to raise our children. He thinks that because our children can't reason,...
I can actually. DH is a very calm, levelheaded person. He only gets stressed about one thing: Money. When the girls are driving him to a point he can't handle, he usually tells them that it's quiet time, they should all go watch a movie. The girls then go watch some campy disney movie while he takes a time out and watches something mindless.    It's a method we both use, actually, to refrain from getting to a yelling point, or to give ourselves a break.    ETA: I agree...
My daughter will be 3 in a couple of weeks. At 24-30 months she knew her colors, her shapes and knew what numbers were. She couldn't count, but she would 'pretend' and count like, '2, 7, 9, 1' She loved to do this with her toys or cheerios.   Her alphabet is tricky. I don't agree with teaching the song first, so we have been working on letter recognition. She can do most of them. She also watches Word World, and yesterday she said, "Let's build a word! A, C, I, G!" I...
Thank you all for your advice.   Yesterday we had a situation where he wanted to put our oldest in time out because she didn't go to her room after he told her to, and I got upset. This opened a new dialogue between us, and we both agreed to disagree on spankings. He said that even though he thinks that spankings are the way to get children to behave, he will no longer spank. He told me the reason he believes spankings work is because he was a 'little shit' as a...
....  to my Mom and Aunt that I am working towards a UC.   I feel exhilarated! It was such a weight worrying about what they would think or do, and after I told them, I didn't care what they thought! I need my husband and those who support me around, not anyone who is wishy washy or just overbearing.   It turns out they are all skeptical and think I'm a loon, but they DO in fact support me. :) That was an even nicer feeling, lol.    Just had to share, haha. 
      Because of how he was raised (and I hate to call it abusive too, especially because his mother and father are both very good about expressing feelings, and desires. They have even both apologized for raising him the way that they did) he feels fear is the way to go when raising children. He was raised in a church (he is an atheist now) that believes in instilling FEAR in children to get them to be obedient and respectful, especially of God. It is/was very...
When my youngest was born, we had the baby shower a good month after she was born. I wanted the family to get to meet her, and honestly I was just too ill to leave the house during pregnancy, let alone deal with the 50+ (Im serious) people that would be attending. It wasn't too bad having to get ready, and since everyone would be meeting the baby then, it kept them all from coming and ruining the quiet family time I like to enjoy after I have the baby.
You are in NO way a failure. Just know that. You are stressed and everyone here understands.   Gypsy had some good suggestions for you, for sure. I justw ant to add a few things.   First of all, since you live in Clarksville, I actually live somewhat close. I'll PM you about that...   As for housework, I don't know a single mom who has a perfectly clean house. They (I) keep it manageable, at best. I use FlyLady.net and it helps. I take 15 minutes for each...
Okay, I am on board with the GD method. DH is skeptical. When he was a kid he was spanked. It's just how it works for him. I was spanked too, but I still think it's abuse. I have managed to get him to stop spanking Ella (who is only 3 in a couple of weeks) but now he has taken the, 'well since you know best, obviously YOU should handle them' approach. Which causes me to overstress and I end up yelling at the my children when things get out of hand.   For the record,...
My 'me time' exists during nap time. As weird as it sounds I LOVE to clean, so I just pop in my headphones, turn on my favorite book, attack whatever room is dirtiest. It gives me a chance to zone out and accomplish something at the same time, kwim?