or Connect

Posts by aprilshower

Thanks to both of you!  I'm so concerned re the annovulation because I am starting IVIG on cd6 of my next cycle.  Lots of money, and I don't want it be wasted on an annovulation cycle...  I'm stopping all the medication - and hopefully that combined with feeling better will give me a good ovulation next cycle.  So stressful - yet I need to not be stressed!
I've been really sick for 5-6 weeks (finally getting a bit better) and have been taking codeine cough syrup 2 teaspoons/night to help with nighttime coughing for that entire time.   Last cycle was my m/c cycle. I didn't seem to ovulate. (No ovulation/follicular pain that I always get). I thought it might be because it was my 1st post-m/c ovulation.   But my current cycle seems to be off too :( I again had no ovulation/follicular pain. I did have my usual EWCM...
Last cycle was my first post-m/c AF cycle.  I had a +opk on cd8 (only 1 positive) and ovulated on cd12.  That cycle I was taking prednisone from cd8 until AF - which likely caused my short LP (always have a 14 day LP).  Additionally, I had very little EWCM that cycle - not like normal.  And I did not have any ovulation pain that cycle (prob due to prednisone I think).   This cycle (my second post-m/c AF cycle), I also had a +opk on cd8 and am probably going to...
(Background: After Dec and April losses, I've been dx with recurrent immunologic pregnancy loss. Given IVIg to stop this. I have IgA deficiency, which many docs - except mine - think means that IVIg is containdicated for me.)   Yesterday I did my first subcutaneous IVIg at 7dpo. I used gammagard 5gram liquid and infused via 3 subcutaneous sites over an hour period. I'm supposed to do this weekly (rather than monthly like IV).   This AM, I woke to my period at...
After 2 recurrent losses (Dec 2011 and March/April 2012), I've been dx with "recurrent immunologic abortion" (in addition to MTHFR homozygous C677T).   My immunologist amazingly got insurance approval for monthly IVIG.  I'm supposed to start next week, with in-home infusions.    I was a bit apprehensive re IVIG at first, due to possible anaphylactic reaction and due to it being a pooled blood product.  But, the research really shows that it works, so I'm going to...
Natural Killer Cells are one possible cause of recurrent losses, but there are others you might want to consider as well.  There is a yahoo group for reproductive immunology that talks a lot about NKC plus more.   MTHFR mutations and immune/autoimmune issues are major causes of pregnancy losses.   I have had 2 recent losses - Dec 2011 and March/April 2012.  Both babies dated 6 weeks.  My Dec. miscarriage was 7 weeks.  My March/April was 13 weeks.   After my...
I had a 13 week miscarriage, leading to a D&E in late April.  I ovulated about 2 weeks after the start of my miscarriage.  And I hardly had any EWCM.  Normally, I have 5 days of really great EWCM.   When I had my 2 week D&E followup u/s, the NP doing the u/s said that my lining was 4mm.  This was at 2dpo.  I've only had my lining checked once before in the fall when we started ttc - and it was 9mm at cd10.  And now I am on cd3 of the next cycle and have such a...
This link seems to take me to my fb page...