or Connect

Posts by Bayareamom

"...The first part is with Suzanne Humphries on polio. She also talks about the reaction she got from other doctors as an allopathic MD questioning vaccines in her clinical practice. There is also an interview with Karen Ii, a mother of a vaccine injured child who was recovered largely through homeopathy...   I just found this post/comment and thought I would state that I would comment and state that I AM the Mom who was interviewed by Shawn, but my name is not Karen...
Better yet, quit seeing a pediatrician and try to find a GP, a chiropractor or a holistic practitioner OR a pediatrician of whom you know will not hassle you about vaccines.  I always told the parents that contacted me when I ran my support group to interview a potential new pediatrician before you sign up.  My husband and I did this with our second pediatrician when we lived in Colorado years ago, after we FIRED our first pediatrician for being so arrogant with us.  It...
To me, if you have to ask, then there's a problem.  FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCTS.  Also, when you have a pediatrician that so blithely tells you over the phone that it's probably nothing, run, don't walk away from that particular pediatrician and find a new one.     I say this from experience and from years and years' worth of stories told to me by parents who used to contact my former support group (and elsewhere).
Oh, she is right on the money with that comment.  I completely concur with Louise's observation - very astute.
Wild,   I didn't write to YOU specifically.  I called a spade a shovel.  Why don't you just admit why you're over here?  Everyone else knows...   Again, have a pleasant day/evening...
Wild Kingdom,   I am NOT going to engage in a debate with you.  You have a nice day, now.  
Oh, and again, JMHO, but I do believe that Crunchy Mama IS TELLING THE TRUTH.  Whether or not this ped was going to try to give this child 14 or so, vaccines, does not determine in my mind the credibility of her story.  I've no idea how many vaccines this doc wanted to try to give to this child, so I will presume that this mom is telling the truth.  She reiterates the number 14, more than once, so I'm assuming that number means something to her because this is exactly...
I enjoy reading your posts, Taxi.  Wild Kingdom, TO ME, seems to be a bit of a troll.     There is good and and bad in everything; this would be with any and all humans (non-human as well).  I, too, have experienced some lovely and wonderfully caring physicians/nurses when I needed them, but I have also experienced the occasional rude and callous physicians/nurses, also.  The sheer arrogance of some of these individuals was almost unbelievable.     I once read a...
You can view the entire hearing's event on the 17th, over on Youtube.  Just type in CA Bill AB2109 hearing - you should be able to pull it up.  Sorry - I don't have that link off-hand.  It was apparent that Chairman Monning's mind had already been made up - or shall I say bought and paid for, even after hundreds of people showed up, in opposition to this bill.  Additionally, what do you know.  The AAP just happened to have its convention/seminar held ON THE SAME DAY THIS...
For those of you in California - this bill WILL impact home schooled children as well; home schooled children WILL be required to have their exemptions signed off by either an allopathic physician OR a nurse.     NOTE:  California has NEVER had a separate religious exemption on its books.  If any of you reading this thread, feel you may be able to skirt around AB 2109 by using a separate religious exemption, you are misinformed.  The ONLY two exemptions California...