or Connect

Posts by FillingMyQuiver

We rented a cargo van this past weekend and completely decluttered our back deck and more of the house.  For some reason we kept most of the boxes from moving into our home, 6 years ago   We're talking over 200 boxes!! We also trashed a mattress/ boxspring set that was in our shed for 6yrs from the previous homeowners and some landscaping junk left from when we regraded our backyard.   250 itens gone this past weekend   737/ 2014
1.    Went to IKEA.  A large portion of what we spent was budgeted, but we bought other things that weren't budgeted.  And we got dinner there (including dessert). 2.    Went to JoAnn Fabrics to pick up 2 things (that should have cost less than $10).  Spent almost $40 3.  4.    Pre-emptive No-Spend.  Not going anywhere, meals are planned.   I've lost track of quite a few days.  I'm picking up from this Sunday.   9.  10. 11. 12.   Had to buy a new toner...
Ugh, horrible start to the month.   1.    Went to IKEA.  A large portion of what we spent was budgeted, but we bought other things that weren't budgeted.  And we got dinner there (including dessert). 2.    Went to JoAnn Fabrics to pick up 2 things (that should have cost less than $10).  Spent almost $40 3.  4.    Pre-emptive No-Spend.  Not going anywhere, meals are planned.
Started one. Here's the thread for March.
Key No Spend/ Budgeted Spend   Un-budgeted Spend   1.    Traveled to my ILs for a long weekend.  $$ for lunch & gas, all budgeted. 2.    Had to stop at the grocery store & pick up gluten free pasta & dessert for DS2.  Bought Starbucks coffee. 3.    Stuck at the ILs for an additional day due to snow 4.    Traveled home from ILs, budgeted gas & lunch, didn't budget for delivery pizza for dinner when we got home 5.  6.    7.    2 kids had well child checks today,...
I'll start. . .   a. Who you are Jenn, homeschooling mom to 6.  I'm a SAHM, DH works long hours and goes to school part-time.  I'm a regular on these threads, some months I'm really active, some I just check in now and again.   b. Where you are going (your financial goals) Long term goals are to be consumer debt free (credit cards and car payment), have a 6 month emergency fund, and save enough to fund at least 2yrs of community college for each of our 6...
This is a support thread to help you not spend your money.    Everyone is welcome to join and you can start tracking your spending at any time. It doesn't have to be February 1st. NOW is a good time to start.   The plan is simple (although tough to execute):   1. Vow not to spend any money on unnecessary purchases.   2. Come on here and record your spending. We all record our spending in different ways. There are no rules. You record and update however you would...
Key No Spend/ Budgeted Spend   Un-budgeted Spend   1.    Traveled to my ILs for a long weekend.  $$ for lunch & gas, all budgeted. 2.    Had to stop at the grocery store & pick up gluten free pasta & dessert for DS2.  Bought Starbucks coffee. 3.    Stuck at the ILs for an additional day due to snow 4.    Traveled home from ILs, budgeted gas & lunch, didn't budget for delivery pizza for dinner when we got home 5.  6.    7.    2 kids had well child checks today,...