or Connect

Posts by FillingMyQuiver

a. Who you are Jenn, homeschooling mom to 6.  I'm a SAHM, DH works long hours and goes to school part-time.  I'm a regular on these threads, some months I'm really active, some I just check in now and again.   b. Where you are going (your financial goals) Long term goals are to be consumer debt free (credit cards and car payment), have a 6 month emergency fund, and save enough to fund at least 2yrs of community college for each of our 6 children. Short term goals are...
  No Spend/ Budgeted Spend   Unnecessary/ Un-budgeted Spend   1.  2.  3.  4.     My kitchen scale's batteries died, and DH ran to the grocery store, $70 later. 5.    Ordered a dress, DH picked up cupcakes & chips for DD2's birthday dinner. 6.  7.  8.    DH's car wouldn't start this morning, thinking the cold zapped the battery.  Fortunately we have funds to cover it. 9.  10.   McDonald's for dinner 11.   Went to IKEA, had lunch there & then stopped at...
  No Spend/ Budgeted Spend   Unnecessary/ Un-budgeted Spend   1.  2.  3.  4.     My kitchen scale's batteries died, and DH ran to the grocery store, $70 later. 5.    Ordered a dress, DH picked up cupcakes & chips for DD2's birthday dinner. 6.  7.  8.    DH's car wouldn't start this morning, thinking the cold zapped the battery.  Fortunately we have funds to cover it. 9.  10.   McDonald's for dinner 11.   Went to IKEA, had lunch there & then stopped at...
2 broken garden signs 9pkgs of moon sand or something like that 1 ziploc bag of moldy/ sprouting bird seed 1 chapstick that was separating 8 misc trash items     today's total- 21   Grand total- 477/ 2014
Cleared out the "junk" dresser drawer.   2 no longer needed instruction manuals- recycled 1 padded satin baby hanger- donated (why did I keep this, I have NEVER used these) 1 pacifier clip- donated 1 pretty diaper cover- donated 1 handful of trash- trash   1 broken hanger- trash 4prs kids' cleats- donated 1pr kids' dress shoes- donated   From top of fridge- 4 things in the trash   4 LARGE bags of fabric scraps from my sewing studio- textile recycling- I...
I'm a list maker by nature.  I big puffy heart making lists   So listing everything I'm getting rid of naturally motivates me, but I wouldn't expect everyone else to operate that way.  I also don't expect everyone to read my lists  That said, for me, sometimes seeing other people's lists gives me ideas of things that I can personally go through in my home; things or places I may not have even thought of going through. Make it your own, keep track of it however you like,...
Cleaned off some shelves that were drop spots. 1 old pacifier (my DD3 gave up pacifiers a year ago)- trashed 2 stack of papers= recycled 1 handful trash 1 old calendar- recycled 4 catalogs/ magazines- recycled 1 old coloring book- recycled   Cleared out the tote bag we bring to church. HUGE stack of misc paper/ coloring sheets/ coloring books- counting as 3- recycled   Consolidated a bunch of holiday paper napkins/ plastic cutlery/ etc- tossed all the excess...
2 dishcloths knitted up   2/52   I still have so much on my list to get done and my kids are really not giving me much time to work on them.   -finish DD3's hobby horse -repair DD1 and DD2's hobby horses (they both broke their sticks, need to replace them) -make 2 more gnomes to complete DD4's set -make Waldorf doll for DD4's 1st b-day -sew upcycled sweater throw pillow -sew upcycled dress shirt throw pillow -sew at least 50 sets of diapers for Teeny Tears (100...