or Connect

Posts by CStone1

Thank you for posting this, Its interesting to look back to where I was then and where I am now with nursing. So I guess what I have been doing is a combination of CLW and mother-led weaning - as someone else  on here put it - child-respected weaning. One book that I found helpful was called "How Weaning Happens" - its a la leche league publication. I realized that I did need to cut back and the importance of taking my needs into consideration along with those of my...
Don't have the actual source of research - but I remember reading a few different things about co-sleeping while I was in the process of deciding to or not. We did decide to co-sleep and for our family it ended up being a wonderful decision. First of all there are some basic guidlines for safe sleep (common sense) 1. Keep pillows and blankets away from baby 2. Use a firm matress 3. Put baby on back 4. Sleep on your side facing your baby 5. Make sure there are...
You might want to try seeing a naturopathic doctor - they could help you with things to more effectively and quickly detox from the mercury. Also if you want to keep your supply up be sure to pump, even if you have to dump it out.
A good book to read on the subject of gentle weaning is "How Weaning Happens" By, Diane Bengson
I had a miscarriage back in february of this year. Since then I have had  what I would call weird periods, at least for me. I have a 2 yo son who is still nursing. Since I got my period back after my son's pregnancy they have been irregular as in the length varies quite a bit and they are almost always more than 28 days - but this is something that is common for me. However since I had the m/c back in feb they have been really weird. I had one at 28 days after the m/c...
Free postpartum doula care available in the Mineapolis/St. Paul area!  I am currently in the process of becoming certified as a doula. As part of my training I am offering free postpartum care.  I am availalble for emotional support and can provide advice, information and referrals. Some of the duties I am available to perform include newborn care as well as care for older babies or children, light house-keeping, breastfeeding support, running errands and vegetarian...
Sorry, can't offer much advice but I do understand. I think what you are describing about the squirmy-antsy feeling is very common as well as the "poor" latch and teeth marks when nursing toddlers.  I am experiencing this same thing with my 2 yo - always had a great latch until the last couple of months and the teeth marks have been getting deeper. Also I get that antsy - want to run away feeling almost evry time - I nurse as long as I can bear it and than have to take...
lentils, chickpeas, dry beans and peas, nuts, seeds, quinoa, whole grains, tofu, tempeh, edamame, nutritional yeast, spirulina, nut and seed butters such as almond, sunflower, tahini, etc, add nut butter to any smoothie, plus everything except oil has at least some protein in it. When I was pregnant just made sure I was getting a protein food at every meal. Examples: Hot cereal such as oatmeal, buckwheat or millet with nuts or seeds and dried fruit in it, there's the...
Another option is to make your own nut milk. Allthough not fortified it is much healthier and fresher than packaged milk. Its simple. Just soak the nuts overnight in water - rinse them the next day and put them in a blender - blend just the nuts first untill they are creamy - adding a bit of water if necessary to make them spin - then add water - and blend - can be strained through a screen or mesh bag or you could leave it pulpy. I do a 4 parts water to one part nuts...
Allthough my 2 yo DS is not small he wasn't untill very recently all that interested in solid foods and still has days where he doesn't eat much and mostly wants to nurse. We are also vegetarian - mostly vegan. He nurses quite frequently still and stopped night nursing on his own after he got all his molars in (around 22 months) He does sometimes wake up once in the night to nurse. I too was wondering about iron and we had it tested at his 2 year apointment and it was...