or Connect

Posts by andromedajulie

Hi Mamas,   A few days ago my LO, who will be 2 1/2 in a couple weeks, climbed out of her crib. Immediately, I decided we were done with the crib due to safety, and figured she had to learn to sleep in a bed (which she has been excited to do). The two options were: a twin bed already located in her room, and the crib, which DH took the side off and it converts to a little bed.    Well, neither worked so far. She is at the age where she is totally into being...
Thanks everyone, I am laughing as I read these responses. I guess I am overreacting a little - maybe remembering the things I was hiding at 16 rather than at 10!    I think I am going to address the emails in one conversation just to let her know I have seen them, etc., and see what comes of the conversation. Then in a separate conversation I'll restart sex and puberty talks, as you suggest pbjmama, because you're right, these should have been ongoing.   Thanks...
I would really appreciate some perspective and ideas on this situation with my 10yo DD. If I'm not handling this right, please don't flame me - this is my oldest child and I just don't know how to think of her as she begins to leave childhood. When I was that age, we were all still kids!   At the beginning of this school year (5th grade), DH and I allowed DD to have her own email address. We created an internet use agreement, which we went over and all agreed to (not...
I just had to share this adorable stuff that came out of my little one's mouth yesterday morning. She just nurses in the morning now (2 years and 4 months), and it's very precious to me, even though it's inconvenient (she wakes to nurse just when I need to help my 10yo focus on getting out the door).   As we climbed down from the rocking chair and headed down the stairs, she remarked (in her 2 year old voice), "I'm all done with my milk, mom. I ate it all. It's gone...
that may be true about different meds.... but I only asked Dr. Hale about the one I was first prescribed and you're right, it's great and I don't want to switch. I did however have to play with the dosage - went up, that was too much as I felt agitated (even though symptoms were improved) now I am in the middle and it seems good. I may play around with it later but while nursing i will stay with this if it works for now.   what do you mean by complementary care?...
Ok Ladies, forgot about this post, so I'm glad it got bumped.    I saw the doc, said yes sounds like probably ADD, but he thought potentially a mood issue also - but that's on hold as we work with the ADD.   He prescribed me Adderall XR and told me to wean. I weaned LO (now 26 mo) down to one nursing a day - morning. That is one of our most precious times anyway, and DH puts her to bed, so I knew nighttime would be okay. THEN, I wrote to Dr. Thomas Hale who you...
Hi Ladies,   Since this thread was resurrected, I thought I'd post an update. First of all, thanks to the overwhelming majority of you who spoke up for the importance of Mom's mental health and well being!   In August, shortly after my LO turned 2, I went away for a week with my sister. I was very nervous, despite the fact that DH has a very strong bond with her and is quite capable. I had a wonderful time. I slept. I was taken care of. After a few days, I...
I saw plans for one on this website once. http://ana-white.com/ I have not made any of her stuff but I've perused her site and think she's awesome. we ended up getting one secondhand. good luck!!
Ravensong, I don't have any resources but my ex is also a serial dater. Not sure how old your dd is. Mine is almost 10, so we have been able to start talking about it. I've just said that I think this is just how he is, and he's probably not going to change, and yes, it is very hard for you to say goodbye to all the women (my dd gets close to). There's nothing else I can do.    the verbal abuse is a concern. i would address that directly with her too if she's old...
My kids didn't either, but I believe it is common. I had a friend whose daughter would masturbate against the banister to the point of getting completely sweaty. I would not worry! Exploring and masturbation is normal and appropriate in the sense that it feels good. For my 2yo it's not very frequent, but just wanting to put things in, and I mostly try to make sure it's just her clean hands!