or Connect

Posts by andromedajulie

my dd just turned 9 and she is becoming unbearable to live with. frankly, she has always been difficult, and has had on and off periods in the last while. i told my sister yesterday that i loved her, but didn't like her, and didn't want to parent her anymore. (please don't flame that; i know she is my child, but it is becoming really painful). She has had a tough time, with a lot of upheaval, but I feel there is more to it than that.She has her physical today and i'm...
Portia the Pirate Princess
WOW~!!!!!!!!!!   you guys are hilarious!!!! it's like you're reading my mind!!!! ha hahahaha   yeah, of course I'm a hoarder, and so is DH. you guys are right about everything! The description of the ziploc of pens to three freecycle listings is right on! I'll quit sorting and boxing up the clothes, too.    Also, DD1, who is 9, is begging me for an organized home. I feel horrible. Well, she also wants a fancy mansion, and an iphone - but the organization is...
That is great - thank you! and I love the goal of filling up a garbage bin or a box for donation every week... etc.! I think i'm gonna keep "livable home" as a little mantra every time I'm thinking, oh, I should keep it....
Okay,... I have lurked on here a bit and been intimidated but have realized that my life is OVER if I don't start getting rid of stuff... the quality of life is just sinking in the piles of crap. So..... a big question to those of you who succeed... I always feel like I have to save stuff (poverty mentality from my mom, raised by her depression era mom) in case I need it later, and I don't like to waste, but I don't have the time to organize things. It might be little...
This thread may not belong here but I'm not sure where to post it.   I am almost 42 and nursing my 15 month old baby. I had mild postpartum depression in the first few months after she was born but have been great since, though I have strugged with depression on and off in my life.   Now I have been having a lot more depression in the last couple months along with feeling crazy (of a midlife crisis type). I feel like it might be hormone based. Could this be a new...
I am so excited to read this thread... I started crying today thinking, I cannot believe I didn't do this when I was younger, I am so stupid. DH and I are 44 and 42, with a 14 month old and a 9year old with some special needs... he wants to live simply but in a town, and I just want to get away from it all. So, we have started talking about what to do, and our bodies' limitations are part of the fear!! Can't wait to hear more. You guys are very inspiring :)
Wow! It's like I've been looking for this thread all my life!!    I grew up Christian but without Santa as a literal thing. I raised my DD1 with Santa, just because my ex-husband felt very strongly about it. Am now remarried, have put my foot down, and DD2 will be raised thinking that Santa is a fun guy related to Christmas, which we don't really celebrate, but Grandmom & Grandpop do. Even if we did, I would introduce it as a fun figurative idea. I mean really, I...
Yes, wool is so awesome, you can wear it repeatedly without washing it... I mean, literally, unless it gets actually dirty, I would wash it every few weeks or so. I think wool naturally possesses anti-microbial properties, and it just doesn't hold a stink. Someone on here probably knows a lot about wool's amazing properties and can speak to this better. But yes, it's amazing, the only reason you might want more than one is that it takes a long time to dry. What I have...
I recently loved: Room by Emma Donohue Don't Breathe a Word by Jennifer McMahon and am reading Once Upon a River by Bonnie Jo Campbell   recently finished all the Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear - Spectacular!!