or Connect

Posts by andromedajulie

My LO is 10 months, and we did BLS, and have loved every minute of it. Check out the book, or this great blog  http://baby-led-solids.blogspot.com/ her baby turned one, so she's not doing it anymore, but you can read about all her introductions for the entire year. plus she has some video, so it's great!   I introduced foods one by one for a while, but then just started giving it as a whole. A eats whatever we eat EXCEPT if it's processed (deli meat, frozen...
many car rental places will rent you a car seat. would you be comfortable with that? some people really want their own carseat. but i have done it, and it makes getting through the trainstation/airport etc much much easier not to have to carry that around.
wow... you are brave. we are doing same in a month but only for a 6 hour flight, and i'll have DH! I don't have many suggestions for you... however, first, I would definitely bring a sling or a backpack. there will be times when you'll be able to pace the aisles. if you are wearing him on your back, you could stand and eat, stretch, etc., give your arms a rest. second, I would really try and see if you can get a bulkhead seat. it's the ones that back up against the...
I got mine at 4 mo PP and was really ticked off! couldn't believe it since it was almost a year with my oldest, and since I was nursing on demand and frequently through every night so i thought it would be longer. alas, who knows? nature's the boss. i don't remember any signs because i was seriously caught off guard. I had a return of sexual interest pretty quickly after giving birth though. i actually think that wasn't related to the return of fertility so much as my...
Hello everyone - I am hoping it's okay if I jump into this thread even though I wasn't with you all when pregnant last year! I have a friend who is pregnant now and I just keep telling her, just sit in front of the a/c and don't even bother moving. Boy that was a long summer!   My LO will be 1 on 7/27. She is at this moment getting her 7th tooth (we had a 3 month break since the first 6)!!!!! So that has been tough, and she's been teething molars for sure.  She has...
This has been a fascinating post to read. It really shows me how different things are in different areas. I am amazed to hear that women feel pressured to breastfeed. I feel very much that I have to defend my EBF lifestyle. I have had to defend my nursing in public without a cover. I have had to defend not using bottles. So my life with my current baby has seemed very much like breastfeeding is under attack.   On the other hand, when my older child was small, I did...
DD is 10 months old and I'm still waiting to go longer than 4 hours. (with my older one it was much worse)   I think half the problem is all these other people telling us, "WHAT?????????? she isn't sleeping through the night yet???????" (looking at you like you have two heads) - which leads us to an unrealistic expectation of a baby. who are all these alleged babies who supposedly sleep that long?!   Obviously sleep deprivation is the other half of the problem!!
I just want to give you some serious sympathy... this is like reading a journal of my first daughter's life... no newborn sleepiness, unable to co-sleep, etc. She woke 6+ times a night until 18 months. I actually have no advice for you. I waited it out but I don't really think that was a good plan due to the severe effects of the sleep deprivation, so try some of the great suggestions here. I was severely depressed at that time so I couldn't even reach out for help...
Thanks everyone. This is very helpful. I think that despite being frustrating, it's just hard being repeatedly looked at like I'm completely psycho when I've tried to explain this to people. We will wait it out... :)
thank you... my husband definitely does not think it's ok to let her cry... he just thinks it's different (than crying to sleep), and that maybe she will adjust to a family member if we start doing it more. he is totally on board with attachment parenting. we have both definitely had that attitude - that this is such a short time, and the attachment is important. i just think i will get depressed if i don't do just a little something for myself - even 1/2 an hour, you...