or Connect

Posts by andromedajulie

I think this is tough on all counts, but I do agree that it's perfectly fine to have an event without children. But you are not obligated to go, or to feel bad about not going. It's your precious time. What is crappy is that they didn't tell you until 3 days before. 
I am so sorry for you. I have been following this post because we are also waiting... and my DD presents as though there's not much wrong but behavioral problems, too. So I have worried about this. Of course, all children, especially ones who are not being understood and helped, have behavioral problems, but if you know in your gut as his mother that it's not right, don't let go. That is what I am telling myself. I am so sorry for your wait and all the money. Don't give...
DD is turning 2 in a couple months and I have decided to have 2 very low key events.   First, basically a play date where I am going to invite 3 friends, who she does play with and talks about, to play in the sprinkler and have fresh fruit and muffins;   Then, a pool date for family to come to play with her at our community pool, and just have a potluck picnic dinner.   Since our only local family is DH's family, it's not really that fun for me to have a...
I have to say, that for me, I do not feel that this is a violation. I have had a lot of problems with DD1 and her hair which is very curly and tough to brush. There is a learning curve with hair issues, in  taking responsibility for your own hygiene and learning the skills to do it - but until then, you are the mother who has responsibility for the hair, and if so, you have a say in it. I also get the sensory issues as my DD1 has them also, she is almost 10 and screams...
well, I tried again with holding her hand while I lay in the bed next to the crib. She cried briefly (1 minute) - a pissed off cry, but clearly she knew I was there. Then she fell asleep. In her 2 hour nap she awoke 2 other times and needed to feel my hand. so this is what I'm planning to do for naps and night time for a while. It's not great because I'm coughing a lot and keep waking her up, and I am quite sick and need a better night's sleep - but not sure what else to...
Hi Mamas,   What is going on with my 21 month old DD? Last night she cried every time we tried to put her to be for almost 3 hours. I finally gave up and went to sleep with her (DH and I are both sick, so tried to avoid it), but as soon as I put her down beside me, she began jumping around, talking, yelling words, laughing, head butting my ribs, etc. I got mad, talked to her some about it (I think she understands somewhat but not great obviously) and put her back in...
This is a tough one. MY DD is 9 and she is MORTIFIED when she sees a boy 5 or older in the changing room. I think it's because if they're old enough to be in her school, they feel like a peer. she's had sex ed and is starting puberty, but is still little. She is very uncomfortable seeing naked boys, and is horrified to even be in the room with them when she is getting ready to change! Plus, there is often not an open family changing room or stall for her.   As a mom...
I feel for you. I am going through this right now. DD is 9 and we are in the crappy process of trying meds for GAD and OCD. I never, ever thought I would consider it. I got mad at a therapist once for suggesting it. Now, my daughter is in hell. Our family and marriage are suffering. All I want is her to have a happy life and us to have a small amount of peace.   The first med we tried worked but had very bad effects. I was put off and swore I wouldn't try another....
Snapdragon,   DD1 was always bored, always understimulated, couldn't entertain herself. DD2 Can sit in a mud puddle for 40 minutes talking to a leaf. So some of it is personality!   I joined a moms club this year. (momsclub.org) I'm not a joiner but I didn't know how to find friends for her. That's one suggestion.   Mine is 22 months - she is ok hanging out with me a lot but she gets lonely. I've been sick the last couple weeks so no play dates and I can tell...
I agree with all PPs! Don't be hard on yourself mama, it's just like that sometimes.   Our #1 go-to is quesadillas. I always have tortillas on hand. Just grate some cheese between them and microwave it. When possible, I add beans and/or chicken, leftover veggies even.