or Connect

Posts by andromedajulie

I appreciate hearing that the purpose of the padded bras is for added comfort and so the nipple doesn't show. I, too, was freaked out about the padded-ness..
Here is all I know, which isn't much:   1. we are raising DD2 bilingually and were told to do it as follows - each parent speaks one language exclusively (100%) and that is the easiest (but not the only) way for baby to pick up the languages and formulate language in general.   2. what I know of literacy development is that while multilingual kids may have an initial delay or slowness in acquisition, within a few years they are on schedule.   don't worry mama...
My DD2 is 18 mo and I am feeling an intense need to get away for a little bit. I need a little time alone, probably with my best friend, not taking care of anyone for a few days. I would not have considered this sooner but I'm starting to feel desperate.   DD2 was exclusively bf and never took a bottle. I've never been away from her overnight. I wouldn't leave her with anyone else (as much as DH & I want to go away together), but I feel confident leaving her with DH....
with the doll, he can wear it, rock it, sing or 'read' to it, put it to sleep. my 18 mo old puts the lego people on the green lego mat and says 'ni-night'. she holds her wrist up to her ear and says 'uh?' in the tone of me answering the phone. she bangs pots in her little kitchen (in the actual kitchen) and has started saying 'cook'. she sometimes takes a rag or napkin and 'cleans' my legs or the floor. it doesn't have to be super involved to still be imitation play! i...
YES! thank you everybody. we did tell her she has to return them and she is having a breakdown, and certainly, it is enough. Thank you for all these helpful comments.I don't know how I could figure this out without input, truly!
Actually, she confessed outright when I was praising her high moral character in another situation. So yes, we really do want to reward her honesty but thought we should be reprimanding the stealing. Maybe not. Thank you for that perspective!
oh yeah - the mean "friends" - it's a whole nother post, please start it, as I am desperate on that point too.   My dd is 9 and I am pretty protective too, and trying to train both her and me little by little. We are wildly opposed to cell phones for various reasons so we are against the mainstream in that way also. DD is smart but not that savvy. I have just started letting her walk home from bus alone on occasion; it's one block but around a corner I can't see....
DD age 9 confessed to us last night that she and a couple other girls in her 4th grade class have been stealing Expo markers from school over the last couple months (maybe 15?).Obviously she'll be returning the markers. The situation is a little complicated because of some peers that are involved - she stole them due to peer pressure and we're working with her to understand that she is nevertheless responsible for her choices. We're meeting with the guidance counselor...
If you are looking for the fat content, you can do things like avocados, which I'm a big fan of. If you need all around nutrition until she's more fully on solids, I'd keep her on the formula as milk substitutes do not possess the nutritional content she needs. If you just want something nice for her bottle, I'd go with one of the pps suggestions. I never switched my kids to cow milk at age 1.
I would think, lucky child that his parents understand normal growth in a boy includes wearing dresses and should not be freaked out about. Happy that he's able to have fun, regardless of what his sister's wearing!