or Connect

Posts by eristabarista

So, mariposa77, can I ask you how IHM is specifically with little ones? I read that there are 2, 3-hour live web classes each week. I'd love to hear from another mother of small children how you manage to make time for that--and how, in general you are able to balance family with such an intensive program. I only have 1 daughter--1 1/2 years old. But I also work part time--at least for now. IHM's program by far looks the best of the distance programs I have seen, but...
oh wow! I've been away from this board for a little while and didn't realize I'd been getting replies! It's nice to see some feedback and conversation here. :D Thank you for everyone's input and comments. I'm very appreciative!   I don't have ANY previous training in this field (so i'm probably crazy).... but I'm hoping to take some science classes at the community college next semester. Right now I'm reading books (Like "Special Women" and "The Birth Partner") and...
Hi Ladies!   I'm looking into starting a correspondence training program for midwifery.   Right now my two top options are Midwife To Be (midwifetobe.com) or Midwifery Institute of America (midwiferyinstituteofamerica.com).   Do any of you have experience or knowledge about either of these?   I know neither are MEAC accredited, but I think I've decided to start with the "book-learning" through one of these programs (or something similar) because they are...
Hi there, thanks for starting this thread! I am very excited and hopeful at the prospect of getting certified as a birth doula through Childbirth International!   I'm hoping to eventually pursue midwife training, but thought it would be beneficial to get certified as a birth doula first. My thought is that after certification I could continue to attend births as a doula while studying the midwifery materials before I seek an actual apprenticeship with a midwife....
2littlebirds I'm SO glad to see this topic posted by you. I stumbled upon this thread in my online research of the various methods, routes and requirements to become a CPM. Since I'm also the mother of a little one (15 months), I need something that is self-paced and local. There aren't a lot of MEAC schools that fit what I need--so far I was leaning towards the National College of Midwifery and hadn't even thought about looking at non MEAC schools-- but now I can't wait...