or Connect

Posts by drjkf

I suggest seeing your healthcare provider for an exam.  Likely the bleeding is nothing worrisome, but hard to tell without an exam.   Warmly, Dr. Jennifer
My apologies for not responding sooner - your post got stuck in the spam folder.  Your question is a very good one - balance of immune system is so important in conceiving.  What you are talking about, at least in part, is the balance of immune response.  There are many types of immune response, but in autoimmune disease we look at the balance of TH1 to TH2.  Unfortunately, there are not a lot of good general resources out there that have good, clear information about this...
Sorry it's taken a while for me to respond - this post somehow got put in the spam folder.  Green tea and Vitamin C are great detox options, and generally available.  Eating a clean, healthy diet with lots of fresh organic fruits, veggies, and greens is excellent, along with good fiber like ground flax or chia seeds (1-2 Tablespoons per day), and organic proteins (grass-fed beef, turkey, chicken).  When I put patients on a "detox" diet, this is what they eat.  Juicing can...
Not something I have experience with, but I have heard from patients that they have followed advice they have gotten from friends and have conceived the gender they were hoping for.  The thing is, each time you conceive you have a 50/50 shot at each gender, so it's really hard to try to do a study that shows gender conception methods actually work.  My expertise is around infertility, and generally those hopeful mamas are just hoping to get pregnant and carry a healthy...
While I don't know these doctors personally, they have excellent credentials and can likely help you.   http://www.sakuranaturalhealth.com/index.html   Warmly, Dr. Jennifer
I'm sorry, this is not something I treat as I do not treat pregnant women.  I don't have any experience with using Nat mur in this way.  Consulting an experienced homeopath or naturopathic midwife is my recommendation.   Warmly, Dr. Jennifer
H. Pylori is a gastrointestinal bacteria, potentially transmitted between close contacts, so if one person in a household has it, I generally test the others as well.  While H Pylori is found world-wide in many populations where it seems to cause no symptoms, in the US it is generally tested for when someone is having gastrointestinal symptoms and does cause a lot of harm in our population if not treated.  Thus, it makes sense to treat it when found, because it is often...
While there are no studies on the passing of Peridex into breastmilk, since it is a local mouthwash and not swallowed, likely the amount absorbed by you would be very small.  Asking your physician is the best course of action.  My preference is to always have mamas choose options that support the breastfeeding relationship whenever possible.  Often there is an alternative if a doctor feels that a certain medication is contraindicated in breastfeeding - just ask them...
While breastfeeding can impact hormones, and thus libido, I find that in many mamas of young children, the pelvic floor has not truly healed after birth.  If a woman's pelvic floor is not in good working order, she will have low or no libido.  I highly recommend reading Tami Kent's new book Mothering from Your Center.  If you are able and your area has a practitioner of Arvigo Maya Abdominal Therapy, some sessions will be very helpful in reclaiming your womb space,...
It looks like you posted a while ago, I'm sorry it looks like no one responded.  At this point, you are beyond the exposure/incubation period, though certainly it is important to follow the local department of health statements to understand the risks of exposure.  Let me know if you have more questions.   Warmly, Dr. Jennifer