or Connect

Posts by drjkf

Wow, sounds like those babies are thriving!  You know, adjusted age, like anything medical, is just a term and a tool.  Research has shown that babies often speed up their development if they "know" they are coming early.  In my mind, this totally makes sense for twins.  Is there something about their care at the pediatrician's office that is concerning you?  Technically, they were 2 weeks early.  Adjusted age works well for babies that are born very preemie, and it does...
Goodness, you have been through a lot.  Recurrent pregnancy loss is a mystery when someone has seemingly everything in line to maintain a pregnancy.  However, often there are answers.  Sometimes nutritional deficiencies are the cause, which can be tested for through alternative tests available from a naturopathic physician.  Another thing I look for in women who have a history like yours is chemical exposure or heavy metal toxicity.  Again, these can be tested for and...
Generally, I recommend that pregnant women stick to herbs that are more like foods and can be consumed with the daily diet.  Things like ginger, curry, mint, rosemary, garlic and the like have been part of pregnant women's diets for millenia.  When it comes to herbal extracts and supplements, the answers are less clear, as many have not been studied in pregnant and nursing women.  I would suggest if you have specific health concerns, you consult with a licensed...