or Connect

Posts by dakover

My kids have both had bottles of breast milk at daycare until 14 months, then breast milk in a sippy cup until 16 months, when I stopped pumping. We don't do any alternative milks, just water at daycare after that. We had to get a note from the pediatrician saying no cow milk, since daycares are required to offer it at lunch and snacks in my state (Ohio). We then nurse all evening, night and in the morning. I breastfed my son for 4 years, 4 months, and am currently...
If you're going to have to pump while on-site (not just at the hotel or whatever before and after), I would highly recommend asking the scheduler to keep breaks for you in mind and to find you a place to pump. I would ask the person scheduling you, especially if she's an admin or something, as she's more likely to know that kind of thing than a higher-level person, especially if it's a man. Not trying to be sexist, just being realistic. I traveled to a client site and I...
Just wanted to add to just take it one day at a time.  Focus on getting things ready the night before, making your lists, feeling as prepared as you can by the day, and then maybe for the week. I'm in the same place...primary breadwinner, working FT, and have high standards. You can do it, and take 10-15 minutes each day to do some breathing, calming, thinking positive thoughts, playing silly games just to have your own time. Even if it's after the kids are all in bed or...
I'm still pumping and my DD just turned 1.  I plan to pump until she's 16 months and transitions to the toddler room.  With my DS, now 5 years, I did the same thing, and skipped cow's milk, and just still nursed at home.
Yes, I read it, and think there are a lot of valuable lessons in it. Would love to know what others think!  I gave copies to 2 of my supervisees, 1 copy to a colleague, and lent my copy to a director at my company.
Hi!  I also work FT, and have gone back at 12 weeks postpartum with both of my kids, a 5yo boy (attends Montessori preschool!) and a 9mo girl.  DH and I plan meals for the week, making enough for 2 meals each time we cook, so that we can just heat things up on some nights, especially those nights where we have another activity, like hockey class or swim lessons for the 5yo.    I also pay for a cleaning service to come monthly, because we were struggling to get the...
I'm 11 weeks pregnant and about to fly to Europe for 4 days, then back to the U.S.  I'm having a lot of nausea, so I'm planning to wear Sea Bands (acupressure bands...buy at any drugstore) and I went ahead and got a prescription for Zofran to take with me for on the plane.  It's used all the time for pregnant women and may be better for you than dramamine, but it's expensive!  This is my second pregnancy.  During my first, I flew at the end of my first trimester and I...
Thanks to all of you for posting!  And I hope that someday we're not the handful of moms breastfeeding this long while working outside the home! (And that we don't have to be so secretive!)
Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories!  It's great to hear from you!
Good to hear from the last few of you who've posted!  I travel occasionally for work, but usually for pretty short trips and I actually brought my fam with me on one of the trips and made it into a vacation.  Also good to hear from you ~pi that your DS is 5 and still going thru another pregnancy so far...that's what I'm hoping for!  Thanks everyone!