or Connect

Posts by butterflylover

I'd get some free consults with attorneys. I don't believe anyone can make you change your child's last name even if you put the father's name on the birth certificate. Not every culture uses the dad's last name. That is a personal decision. 
I'd stick with nonfluoride toothpaste until he is able to consistently spit it out. 
I see young kids (age 3+) outside all the time without their parents and I just don't understand it. My dc is almost 7 and is not allowed to play outside without me outside (or on the deck) to watch her. Kids will be kids and can't always be expected to be safe. They need supervision. 
Also, I never stated she was a poor parent. She sounds wonderful to me actually considering all she has to deal with.
As you say, we all have different beliefs and values. If the OP is going to post the info on a public board then she should be prepared for all of the various thoughts and comments (and I'm sure she is). I would not allow my ex to take the children anywhere if what she described happened to my child. It is a hill I would die on.
I still don't agree. If you know your water conditions, if you know how to handle any emergency that comes up, if you are prepared and knowledgeable, you do not need to wear a lifejacket constantly on a boat. Driving and boating are completely different. If you know how to boat and you are familiar with your waters then you won't have any problems. People boat here in the Gulf of Mexico without lifejackets. Only the tourists where them. If you can't swim you aren't even...
I'd meet him in person away from the kids and give him a piece of my mind. Performing sexual acts in front of children is a form of sexual abuse. I think I'd call the police. I'd restrict visitation to my home only. I can't even say what I think of this "dad." And a lack of water is ridiculous. I'm sure he has heard of bottled water!!   (((HUGS MAMA)))   Ugh.
Thanks for the info and the link!!
Nah....nothing unexpected ever happens when we boat as we aim to hit all scenarios before heading out and if it did we are equipped to handle it. We're serious boating pros. We go all the time for the past 15 years. We know what we can and cannot do. We are familiar with our water conditions and we know when not to go. 
We're pros on the boats and in the water. My SO is a doc he has it down pat. :)