or Connect

Posts by mamaprovides

Terrahmother: :: You're in the waiting room (mechanic's, doctor's, etc.) and you call the front desk from your cell to ask a question, even though it's ten steps away, just so you can continue to sit down and relax before DC wants to roam and play (with you, of course)... and you don't care what look the receptionist gave you when she saw you sitting right there.   laughed so hard my toddler came over to investigate...     turquesa: my current is "GOD....bless...
I have had a hard time finding "diversity" and have settled for "acceptance." If you do find diversity, sister, tell me where the action is! Top four from of state down Burlington area? Burlington is large but perhaps smaller towns. I'm not a big fan of the area but they are a college town with events. Montepeiler area. Not barre. I love the vibe of this town. If I had to do it all over I would push for montepelier. Norwich (if you can afford it and don't mind the...
Okay here is what I'm doing in the hopes of moving forward and for the sake of posterity I'm posting it. My 1yr old is to wear a swim diaper when in the tub. Before she goes out the (hopefully clean) diaper will come off in order to clean her nibbly bits. My husband is gonna pretend pee isn't an issue (sterile, right). Oh and we are sticking to the old wives' old (which is probably how it started) no one goes into the water until 45min after eating. The 3 yr old is back...
Kinda long...sorry...don't know what is helpful or not. My son was on a wonderful road to potty training. Then my daughter was born and she started crawling then potty training came to a halt. Okay...fine. Then life went on...including potty training.   He is 3.25 years old. He has been out of diapers (except nighttime) and accident free for about two months now. Not a long time but for me it has been a blissful eternity. In the last two weeks he has pooped and...
Has this already been posted? I think it is brilliant and should go on a national tour. I think it is totally a worthy cause. If nothing else the video is cute...   I have no idea who this is since I am in Vermont and she is in Pittsburgh...but...   http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jillmiller/the-milk-truck   okay quick story: so with my first, summer, strip mall parking lot...I'm in the BACK SEAT of my SUV with TINTED WINDOW nursing my baby. This old...
Mothering has a cosleeping pamphlet. I highly recommend it. It really set my mind at ease. I think they still sell it.   Cosleeping is a very natural thing and if done correctly is safe and great for all involved. Remember that unfortunately many babies that die in cribs as well. What a horrible thing to say.   Listen, I strongly suggest you follow your heart, your gut, and your voice, and that of your child. This is one of many things that differ from how you...
Is she teething?   I have found that teething or a large developmental push or a significant growth spurt will disrupt sleep. I can remember when I was little growth spurts being VERY painful and would wake me up in the middle of night and keeping me up for hours. I can also remember the constant, almost itchy feeling of my adult teeth coming in. ugh.   Because these disruptions I rely on homeopathics. I also found with my first that he was just hungry and needed...
If you are nervous about it...a cosleeper next to the bed is a sure fire way. I got one for my second because I was afraid that my then toddler would roll on her. I didn't like the cosleeper she was too far away from me and I couldn't nurse her while I slept. However, I think I'm in the minority on that one.   As far as cosleeping safety is concerned. I have found by the time they are 6M you can really start to let go of the nerves. In my humble opinion, the blankets...
Having babies is addictive. Something went off in me and I just...want another baby...and another baby...and I never wanted to have babies!   I don't think your crazy.   If you are looking for workout solutions...I'm not your gal.   But I don't think your crazy...well, if you are, you are in good company.   what help would you like?
during the day! wow! You, sister, are living the dream!