or Connect

Posts by mamaprovides

I like zutano, Hanna Anderson, me too & tea. I buy as many gender neutral clothes as possible but dresses can be tough. Old navy and osh kosh aren't TOO bad. Boys clothing can be just as bad with trucks, puppies and blue everything! I have a harder time with the words...daddy's little princess, mommy's handyman...the worst bib ever Ladies Man...gross. I am more forgiving of the pink John deer dress because at least it tries...almost. I find it hard to not see as sexist...
I've given this some thought. I'm not sure this is what you want to hear but I'm going to say it anyway. This may not be your dd's most successful academic year. And you know what that's okay...in fact, I say, this might be the right step forward. First off, you can't have a little girl walking through life thinking she's dumb...what is this 1986? Second, you are feeling scattered and moving around a bit and home life has probably left her feeling...unsettled as well....
Without getting caught in semantics... I have both a boy and a girl. They are very much a boy and girl (trucks vs dolls). I do my best to raise them in a gender neutral world. Both have toy wraps (but one is for carrying baby dinosaurs) because of hand me downs we got they both wear pink princess & football pjs...they both take soccer they both take dance. We do our best to create rules for the family without gender bias. So...when talking about life choices that are...
Gitanamama...I notice you are ten weeks pregnant. For me...protein protein protein. I also had to a nap everyday. Every. Single. Day. How did I do it? I baby proofed the bedroom like crazy, changed diaper, sippycup of water, plenty of books, some toys, and a FIRM understanding that mama must nap. In my first trimester I was too tired to leave the house more than necessary and the third I was too...lumpy. After that...sigh...I dunno...cookies?
Off topic but I can't stay quiet... Regarding phonics. It isn't for everyone and it isn't the only to teach reading. It works for some not others. It does not make sense to me. Although I was able to read at a higher level than most in my class, I failed phonics every year. My son and I use the worksheets for critical thinking..."what do they want to know now" Regarding socialization. After seeing my 5 yr old son ask an 11 or 12 year old to play with younger ones (the...
We homeschool. 3.5 & 5.5 years old. This is my first year of "major" time apart from my oldest. My oldest takes classes so we are apart 4 hours a week over the course of 3 days. There are weeks he skips his one hour class once or twice a week. Plus he took soccer in the evening for 1 hour twice a week for 8 weeks...but his father took him. My little one and I are seldom apart. This is by circumstance not design. Because of my son's class, my daughter and I get 4 hours...
My son was 20lbs at 6 months. I had the same problem. (He was also a super heavy wetter.) We used prefolds and never found an aio that fit. We did use pocket diapers...if memory serves haute pockets fit best. We used bummis whisper wraps successfully...but I think they may have resized them a couple years ago...so check before you buy. I also remember thirsties brand working well. I think the Nikki's diapers website gives measurements for thigh, waist, and rise which...
HAHAHA Dude, you are cool! I totally want to hang out with you more! ^_^ see you soon ^_^
I am at the montshire every Wednesday afternoon. (My son does young scientist afternoon...highly recommend it) then we play from 3-4. Montshire books and beyond on the 21st... Hopstop on the 19th Our homeschool group meets again on the 18th. The early reader book club theme is horses. I run the book club kinda anarch-y...the theme is to be interpreted as loosely as possible (hippopotamus = water horse, steam train = iron horse, cowboys, Mongols, Pegasus, unicorn,...
I'm a Homeschooler of a 5 & 3 yr old...in the area If you wanna meet up, I would be thrilled.