or Connect

Posts by mamaprovides

Hmmm. I bedshare I love it. I think everyone should consider. I don't think bed sharing is for everyone for a million different reasons that make perfect sense. Semantics... Please correct me...(am I wrong?) Cosleeping: sleeping in the same room (within touching distance) on different sleep surfaces. Bedsharing: sleeping in the same room within touching distance on the same sleep surface. That would mean she has actually co-slept but not bedshared...so... Thanks for the...
Wait...what's wrong with the ad? Why is there a backlash? ... What did I miss?
Hello... Welcome. There are things to do...just spread out. First off, you may want to join the yahoo group uppervalleyparents as they usually list the events as they come up. And the answers will be far helpful than mine. What sort of things are you looking for? From various posts I'm beginning to think that there is a divide between those who attachment parent and those that don't. It pretty grey here...some bedshare, most baby wear, so on. The trick is finding...
The ammonia smell is build up. Do a soak baking soda. Quick wash. Soak in hydrogen peroxide. Quick wash. Soap (I have never used dawn) but not too much...more than normal amount of vinegar wash super hot water. Extra rinse. Dry on high heat. Do you have hard water? If so, consider Calgon to avoid continued built up.
Are you using vinegar? Vinegar will break down pul. Are you putting them in the dryer on high? What detergent are you using? I think thirsties uses thinner pul...not helpful but...I wonder about how fixable the leaking is...
Oooo....Vaske, I totally want to hear more about those homemade prefolds. I use prefolds and pocket diapers. I line dry all the covers. I have been diapering for 5 years straight with 1.5 years diapering both at the same time. About 1/3-1/2 of the prefolds have now become rags but I just gave away 18 of the premium prefolds (the rest are floating in the diaper drawer) and sold 30 of the infant prefolds. All (except the bum genius which I loathed and gave them all away)...
Hmmm...depends on the thickness and size. I have a couple of queen size quilts and those go in. I do know we can do all our blankets. There are videos on YouTube about this washer...that will give you a good idea of the drum. (You also see the equal lg model go crazy and destroy laundry rooms)
I always thought Montpelier crunchier than Burlington. There are crunchy towns throughout. But overall, Vermont is kinda reserved...not conservative (wont take much to find them though!) but just reserved. And while private insurance doesn't do too well with the home birth the state health insurance covers home births. When I asked them why (curiosity) the woman said in a kinda snooty tone (like I'm stupid), "obviously, it's cheaper so it's a better option when trying to...
I recently spent an angonizing 3 weeks without a washer. I spent an extra week researching washers. I have the(top loader) Samsung wa5451an I love it and it washes my diapers very well. Sometimes I have to put a (wet) towel in to get more water but I find after the first soak (quick wash) it is fine. It was mid range when I bought it...I bet you could get it über cheaper. If you are shorter than 62" you will need a step stool to reach the bottom. I would not get a front...
Thank you all. If anyone wants to see my bullet points or pamphlet let me know.