or Connect

Posts by mamaprovides

Hello, I'm sorry he is going through this and I hope you find a better place for him. Thanks, petitpois... http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Emotions-Flashcards-Visual-Learners/dp/B0019HWUO2 The cards are from natural learning concepts. I really like them. The company is also very receptive and emailed them about an extension pack (to see if they would make one) and also letting them know that is an excellent help to young children as well as those on the...
(I also come from a dark past and know how it is to look back, grind your soles into the dirt and say, "I won't do that" and I also have made this mistake.) Things to keep forefront in your mind now and in the back of your mind later. Part of knowing where the boundary is...is to cross it. This does not excuse your behavior but should put in perspective. This is as important for you as your child. You should learn to become vocal about your emotion state (but never make...
My husband showing up at the house uninvited is nebulous terriority and very skillfully executed in sneaky, passive aggressive behavior. Although EVERYONE get invitations in the mail (including family) except for us, my mil prattles on and on about it before hand talking...especially when it comes to her seeing our kids and how she is looking forward to seeing my husband (not me...she even sites the dog but not me ^_^) but when my husband asks where it is, she never seems...
My sister in law has NEVER invited us to her son's bday party. Never ever. My husband just shows up with the kids on the day of the party (motherinlaw blathers on about it...btw she never comes either)...until they moved the moved the party away from the house. I refuse to go...I think it's tacky to just show up at someone's house uninvited. I also have better things to do than to be snubbed and have it rubbed in my face all afternoon. We live 30 minutes apart and she...
Thank you everyone!!!!!! Please keep it coming! (I am also not a fan of the Velcro...) OH and what about washing secrets? What stuff about laundering diapers do you wish they had told you? Thanks!
Yup. Welcome to the reality of an advanced learner. There is nothing wrong. Nothing of concern. Just his reality. This took me a long time to figure out. Two things to keep in mind...he is still just 2.5...be aware that emotionally, socio-developmentally he is still 2.5. I'm not sure what moving him up means and what ages those are but my concern would be their willingness to deal with this. He might be delayed in potty training as most boys are (telling you he is...
Zombie
We would like to participate. My son will be 5 soon. We live in the states. He doesn't much like writing so they would be dictated. But for me the hope would be that this might be incentive. He likes...batman, dinosaurs, books, books, books, space...and making up stories. He also does tap, gymnastics and is trying to convince me to let him take a hip hop class for college students.
Hello sister. I am also parenting without a net...not even audience. My in laws don't want anything to do with us. My husband still hasn't caught on...so he packs the kids in the car for our nephew's birthday party and they aren't home...they started having birthday parties elsewhere when we showed up at the house two years in a row. Hmmm... My family is estranged...at best. My friend situation is...difficult. I am not welcome at the library...when I show up they leave...
A non sequitur but I think the idea is they spend 8 hours together with only one age group thus they learn social skills for 8 hours by learning to only speak when spoken to, raising hands, lunch, gym, locker room stuff, working together in activities and so on. And I remember some of my schools being nothing but socializing. But yea...I don't know...