or Connect

Posts by mamaprovides

I never used tea tree to clean my diapers...but my son had the peeling of the skin on the penis. It once got soooooo bad it was bleeding. It made me cry...well, us. The pediatrician wasn't helpful, the dermatologist was a waste of time. After two years I followed my gut. I had him tested for allergies. Dairy (casein proved to be the worst), egg, almonds. Removed them from his diet, got my jr epipen (doubt I'll need it) and our lives are much calmer.
When they are super little, it is about word economy. Grammatical errors are common at this age as is mixing the languages. Some words are more fun to say. Others are hard on the tongue. There is also the word smushing. My son says sombrella instead of umbrella. Then there is the cognitive schema of a word. I still think of a silla and a chair as very different things even though they translate the same. Consider the neuro development, then follow your gut. I only speak...
hello. poor heart. If you are feeling dizzy after, flags are going off. like...are you pregnant, how are your adrenals, etc. I hope you are well.   Is sitting her down and having a talk about how this is hurting you and it just can't go on anymore an option? Perhaps explaining how she is ready for the next step of little girl and getting her a symbolic gesture...like a nice lovey, a wallet/purse, something...maybe going through the baby album and looking at the...
Well...hmmm. We bed share. We love it. We have a sex life. I don't think bed sharing or cosleeping (a second bed in the room) is detrimental to the healthy development of a toddler. We also use a sibling bed and find it very helpful. I think sleep arrangements are as varied as there are families. When moving her out of your room, you are looking for, what we call, a push for independence. They happen all the time and when you aren't working on the six billion other...
Sorry. This is gross. We use a regular trash bin and sprinkle baking soda in every time we wash. With my son, we had two bins...one pee one poo. For my daughter we had one bin for her and one for him until she was on solid food. Now we have one bin. We have a poop spoon by the toilet and use that to get remaining solids. I love the spoon. It is cleaned with toilet paper, stored standing in vinegar and replaced once in a while. I soak it in bleach water and recycle...
It sounds like you have some good advice...but I will add mine just for volume... I think cereal is a horrible first food. I think fruit is a better first food. simply because they can feed themselves. Also because it is raw...banana, avocado, watermelon. None of those give the horrible (perhaps painful) poops that processed cereal gives. (and the cereal bought in stores...have you tried it!) At six months, we started with the meshy feeder or cheese cloth because we...
There is a yahoo group for finding childcare but don't know what it's called. You might want to ask uppervalleyparents since I'm almost positive they know. Not the answer you want…sorry…
I have no family around me...I have no friends that live in the area...I live in a very rural area and I have a 2 and 4 year old. So I get it. I really do. (I'm also not light and bubbly...)   1. sleep. I know you wanna swear right now but it is amazing what 8 hours will do...shoot, it is amazing what a consistent 6-7 hours will do.   2. find something that isn't tv or computer or internet, you know, and just do that for about 45 min after your daughter goes to...
I am not sure if I worry a lot or not. We sleep on with the mattress on the floor about an 18-20 inch drop. Both my 2 year old and my four year old have rolled off the bed onto the carpeted floor. Sigh. But my daughter whimpered we picked her up and put her back to bed and my son just climbed back up and went to bed. I have also found him asleep on the floor but don't actually know if he fell or fell asleep on the floor. It sounds like there is a strong push for...
Hi melissa, Pediatrician: mark Harris in Bradford. LOVE that office...he saw my boy at 9pm on new years eve. Went to his house, crashed his party, treated my boy with patience and calm, NEVER made us feel like we were interrupting...oh yea...free. 15-20 north of you but everything is south. He is not family doc...still struggling with so let me know. I was going to dr Hollis in Randolph but it is an hour for me. For pediatric dentist: bauchner in Norwich...none...