or Connect

Posts by mamaprovides

Firstly I wouldn't say mothers I would say parents.  And although a little harsh I wouldn't say they created the paradigm so much as bought into it.  I mean we've all seen the ads: the disheveled mom with messy hair becomes the beautiful soccer mom in khakis because she uses cleaner X to clean her bathroom and isn't she a better mom? Don't you want to be that mom? Now, is my house not as clean because I use vinegar and thyme oil to clean my bathroom AND am I not as...
I havent read all the posts as I am about to run around like a headless chicken getting everyone out the door. But here are my thoughts (typed on an iPod so please forgive the grammar)... Are there lazy parents? Yea sure. And if that is the case, then I'm glad their kids are in daycare.  Are there bad parents? Unfortunately...again yea daycare/preschool.  But this I don't think reflects the majority.  Here are some things to keep in mind... Culturally, we are being told...
We use the large and extra large ziploc bags. For longer trips we use one bag per day which is then put into a larger bag. This way we don't have to deal with the smell. I also carry with me a limited number disposables because...well, you never know. Here is what I take...much of this stuff also doubles as part of the first aid kit... When we go on trips we take 1.5 as many diapers as currently use in order to account for...whatever. We also take 3 snappis (I have...
Here are some yahoo groups that might be able to help you.   There is the central vermont homeschool resource (cvt_homeschool resource) Also there is VT-homeschooling & vthomeschoolers...While they cover the state, it might be a good way to find resources closer to you.   Enjoy.  
I have a 3.5 yr old boy who has taken to not speaking and I just can't take it anymore.   okay... I have an 18m old girl and about 6 months ago he started imitating her. So whenever ANYTHING happens that isn't his way he cries and says "agua" (water) over and over again. Everyone says it is just regression but it is escalating and doesn't look like regression (we went through that about a year ago) it looks like control.Now he has taken to not speaking. just...
i have a Tickle me Elmo nib...still has toys r us wraping paper on it. That will need to be replaced. I have 16 bleached washed but never used chinese diaper service quality 4x8x4 newborn refolds (8-15lbs) Tickle Me Elmo Requested 11/4, Edited by TiredX2 Diapers Requested 11/4, Edited by TiredX2
I support occupy wallstreet with my heart and mind...but can't be there  because I have two kids under 3 and well, the very life they are protesting for, I guess.   So how to show support?   I figure, it's getting cold they are going to need warm socks and hats and mittens and so on as the months get colder.   How do I do this? Does anyone want to do this with me? and we can become knitting machines? How do I get it to them? Do I just drop the box in the...
With me, it just felt right in my belly. With my son, I just knew...I knew I was pregnant two days in and that I would have a boy...about a month later I knew his name would be Aristotle. (metaphysics changed my life forever...so did he...). I kinda felt like I should name Socrates or Cesar since those are both family names but it didn't resonate. With my daughter, I kept looking and looking and looking until one day I saw it and I knew it to be the case. I really...
This year when asked my 3 yr old son informed me he wanted the whole family to go as his favorite book Fox In Socks. Um, okay. He is fox, my 1 yr old daughter is Sue, I am Knox, my husband is Luke Luck (originally he wanted slow joe crow but I convinced him otherwise), & my (black lab/beagle) dog is the poodle eating noodles in the tweetle beetle battle.   sigh My goal is to spend under $25 for the whole thing! (I have spent $15) As of last night I have   Fox:...
If I had to guess I would say she's waking up because (a) she's hungry (she sounds like a grazer so this is my #1) (b) she misses the comfort of a warm body (c) the comfort of nursing is missed or (d) all of the above.  I think the real question is do you intend to tandem nurse when baby comes? If so, cosleeping solutions are for you and she will work herself out when the baby starts walking and she is ready to prove to the world she's not a baby.  If not, weening is in...