or Connect

Posts by Brandybutter

Our baby-wearing has definitely decreased, but I still carry my 27lb 17mo several times a week.  I prefer to wear him in the grocery store since it feels good to have him close to me .  However, he likes it in the cart now, so we do that more.  I always wear him in the ERGO when I go hiking (back carry), a few times a week.  If I need to get something done in the kitchen and DS needs me, then he'll let me wear him for ~ 30 min., especially if I put on some rockin'...
You are empathic and your connection to your baby is extremely strong.  This is a VERY GOOD thing!! My DS hated the car from the very beginning.  We never had him in the infant seat outside of the car and people would tell me that was the problem, that I had to train him in the house.  I would politely nod, but I was NOT okay with doing that.  I'd say his anxiety peaked around 6 mo. and has gradually become better since then.  I think it did help that we switched him to a...
Yes, routine is very important, but just because they know sleep is to come soon doesn't mean that they'll be happily ready for it! We usually have at least one day a week where my DS really fights it, but sleep always comes - just later than we like. Bedtime for my 16 mo has been pushed back closer to 9p for the summer.He's just so sensitive to the light. So, we do our best to keep lights off and the mood calm. We start ~ 7:30 with soft music and a bath. Sometimes...
Well, I considered closing my new account here too after seeing the attacks to my post. I'm not liking the vibe here, but have found other forums to be more pleasant. I'm sticking with "Toddlers"
Thanks again for all your responses! It's 2 sister in laws that are wanting him. They are both really busy and don't visit a lot, so I think it would be more convenient for me to drop him at their homes on weekends. Yeah, after hearing your advice, that's not going to happen yet!
It's so great that you're discovering this now! I completely understand. My DS is 16 mo and often spit up when he was younger. He had a "sleep regression" at 4 mo where he would wake every 2 hrs and I was told it was developmental. Then he developed mild eczema which was related to mild constipation ~ 6mo and I thought it was all the banana I was giving him and possibly a reaction to DTAP that I was talked into (haven't vaccinated since.) I delayed giving him dairy...
I hear you!  I have a 16mo boy and we DO have many nice, wooden toys (puzzles, blocks, pull toys, stacking toys, a walker), but he doesn't want to play with any of them!  Perhaps your LO does.  Are you asking about toys for independent play?  My DS loves wearing hats, gloves, oven mitts and has us dress up too.  So lately, I've been helping him play dress up with one of his stuffed bears and he'll continue on by himself for a little bit.  He will read books by himself...
Savinthy, please, you are picking at every word in my post and making an issue out of it. I was referring to all of us here. We are all mindful of our parenting choices if we engage in parenting discussions. I have apologized and yet you persist. I am not antagonistic nor confrontational. Give me a break.
Hi moms, so I'm new to the MDC forums and was excited to participate in this thread. I think it's really weird that this topic on why there are wars between moms has become a big war between us. I am truly sorry if anyone took offense in my previous post. I think those of you who have quoted and responded harshly to it were completely missing my point. I was expressing my personal thoughts, which are judgements, because we all have them! Those of us who parent...
Thanks ladies, for your ideas and support!  I have more ideas too!  Yeah, I'll just wait until it comes up again and then let them know what works better for us (definitely not dropping him off for awhile).  DH and I should make more of an effort to have alone time at home.  It may come in 30 min. increments, but better than nothing!  And I know this is a passing phase for my sweet angel boy.  At some point he will want more separation :( and I'll be reminiscing about...