or Connect

Posts by Brandybutter

Hello friends, I'm a SAHM to a fabulous 16 mo. We have a very strong attachment that he has demanded since birth. He was 2 wks "late", I was induced and had an emergency csection since he never descended and was becoming distressed. Long story - I'm still healing emotionally. Anyway, we love our breastfeeding relationship and he will not sleep without me. Often he will nurse through naps. He's THAT attached (and I love it!) So, he has never had anyone but DH watch...
Thank you ladies for the warm welcome! I'm having fun on here so far!
The differences between us all is fascinating! Seeing the differences gives me clarity on what I'm doing and why, giving me MORE confidence in the way I parent. Is it really possible to not be judgmental? I think discernment is healthy as long as your not being rude in confronting someone else. Most of my friends are mainstream parents who use disposables, weaned before 1yr, have sleep trained their kids and basically have a parent-centered style. They know what I'm...
No, but my 16 mo DS thinks we have the same bedtime! I nurse him to sleep in our bed and get up when I can. I usually only have 30-60 min before he'll wake up, noticing I'm not there. So, if I need to finish something downstairs, I do that right away (monitor in hand) and go back up ASAP. Then I do my yoga practice and meditate near the bed so I can quickly nurse him back down. Someday I hope he will relax about my proximity and just keep sleeping, knowing that I'm nearby!
Hello mamas! You've been a great support to me through pregnancy and these last 16 months with my angel baby. Thank you! I'm excited to finally start engaging in discussions instead of just lurking! Like many AP moms, I have little support (but luckily not a whole lot of criticism) from family and friends. This has all been manageable until now. I'll be looking around and asking for help re: finding balance. I have a very strong attachment to my ds and he is really...