or Connect

Posts by thegoodearth

maybe...
I know this is an old thread - but I still want to respond. I agree with the pp's who say let your child's readiness determine when you start solids and be judicious with what you feed them. I disagree with the comparison to it being like letting them play with a steak knife.   My son did not want, nor did we start, solids until past 12 months. I wish he wanted to start sooner (it was a lot of pressure on me as he was EBF), but he just didn't want to. He never...
I just want to say I think this thread is great. Thank you for starting it. I'm doing things so much differently this second time around. Cheers
I don't have any great advice or anything, but I wanted to let you know I have had feelings much like you described. So sorry to hear you're going through this. I think getting help in the house is the best thing you can do. That's what I am doing. And if I feel really overwhelmed I have a "go-to" person that I can call, and they will come over right away. 
Thanks for your response. Its nice that there is this place where I can put this out there and nobody really can know who I am.   The part you talked about "what do I need?" really resonated with me. Exercise has really helped me in the past. But as you probably know, its not easy to do when you have 2 kids and your husband works. I'm working on finding something that I can do - even if its only 1 or 2 times a week. I used to run a lot, but after a car accident I...
Okay, so I'm not sure if I have PPD - but I have been feeling pretty down these last few weeks. A little bit of background:  I definitely did have PPD with my first. He was born March 2010 and I was depressed the entire first year. Things didn't get better until he was 14-15 months. I just had my daughter June 2012, and I thought I was doing better up until a few weeks ago. Right around the time my husband went back to work full time again I started to feel...
I've heard about that on "This American Life" radio program. Absolutely fascinating to me. I'm still getting the hives - so am on claritin for my sanity. I've heard that the hives often stop once you stop breastfeeding. If after that they don't cease I think I would try the intestinal parasite. 
  The bolded completely baffles me. HOw a logical person doesn't see that female and male circumcision are the same thing - it blows my mind. Its so cruel that there isn't the same outrage for the poor boys.    A couple of months back I had a conversation with a pregnant friend about circumcision and what she planned to do with her son. She is someone who is strongly against female circumcision and she had actually done some research on it in her graduate studies. We had...
Yes - same here. I can imagine that this only going to reconfirm and validate all my friends with a pro-circ viewpoint - especially those who were on the fence. It's so sad. 
My son is 2.5 years old and we've never had a problem.