or Connect

Posts by emblmrgrl

So good to see you here! Was thinking about you just the other day!
Over there as well! www.myspace.com/emblmrgrl
Hello mamas ... wanted to check in with everyone. We're doing good over here at the present time. Cole did get a postcard from his teacher a couple days ago so now we know what class he's in for the upcoming year. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, to be honest. From what I've been able to discern from other parents, this teacher, as one mom put it, "doesn't tolerate any clowning around". Another told me I wouldn't have to worry about the recess issue much as this...
Subbing ... Mom of four here!
Julie-
Quote: Originally Posted by sledg Of course, half the time she's right here with me I'm missing her b/c of her behavior and my lack of ability to connect with her when she's in that state. Oh, don't I know that feeling! Clarifying my dread of school ... school is hard for us, he & I, but in different ways. Cole is a handful even at school b/c he cannot conform easily to the expectations. He has trouble sitting still and quietly while...
Welcome, dalai_mama & Fiddlemom! Y'know, I've been in the house so much this summer that I decided last week that I didn't care anymore what happened while we were out, or on the way out, screw it-I was going! And we've had fights, meltdowns, people staring, odd situations, and lots of laughs this past week. And sledg-to talk about exercise, I've managed three actual days of jogging ... with all four kids!!! We've found two fabulous locations where I can jog ... one in...
Just dropping by to post this ... You have Taught Me By Anne Maclellan You have taught me patience to rejoice in small gains which others take for granted. You have taught me tolerance to accept that your perspective is different and deserves respect. You have taught me courage to fight for you when no one else will. You have taught me endurance to go on when I feel I can't any more. You have taught me humility to accept when I can't make things...
Gosh so many things posted are on point for me right now. I've had a hellish existence the past 24 hrs! I should've taken my own advice and walked away yesterday, but noooo .... I had to engage in the struggle that presented itself. *sigh* Quote: Originally Posted by Bearsmama I still feel unheard. I feel like I'm yelling out, like S.O.S! We're sinking! And people say, Oh, we had a hole in our boat one time. And I'm like, NO, this is the freakin'...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bearsmama Sledg-Yes, that was really, really helpful. And you know what the most helpful part was? Reading your words about how from the beginning you and DH were just really CONFIDENT about the change. That is HUGE. Really, I think that is a big part of our problem with Bears sometimes. It's like he's an animal, and can smell our indecision, our waffling. Okay, ladies, two things we need some input on tonight: Dealing...