or Connect

Posts by emblmrgrl

Hello mamas ... I've been busy with birthday stuff over the past weekend so I'm just now getting to the thread. My littlest guy turned 2 on Saturday! Bearsmama, ... we don't have night terrors so I have no advice on that front. Cole has horrible sleeping patterns but never any terrors or nightmares, fortunately. His worst habit, and has been since he was able, has been to get up at random times during the night. Sometimes he woke us, sometimes not, but he would be up...
Quote: Originally Posted by Karry You need to go to someone's page and click add me. I'll add you as a friend. Thanks Karry! And, EmoMom. I clicked on Mama G's page and hit the add thingy and my whole computer shut down ... the hotness must've been too much for my little dial up connection to handle Now back to locating some peeps ...
Ok, so this prompted me to take the leap and join! http://www.myspace.com/emblmrgrl Now if I can just figure out how to add you guys ... *working diligently*
Quote: Originally Posted by Bearsmama And what if those in-between times you mentioned are few and far between? Seriously. I'm not exaggerating. Sometimes I really look at our days, weeks, etc., and see that we've had more storms, more moments of chaos, anger, sadness, and generaly mayhem, then any good times. I said to DH tonight that Bears is like a pineapple: a lot of work for not a lot of yield. I know that sounds terrible. But the amount of energy &...
Hi everyone... Bearsmama, I just wanted to touch on this part of your post. And Maureen may be able to elaborate a little more on this from a developmental standpoint, but I've read before that at Bears age it's not always easy for them to separate that their actions are not who they are. I know we've gone thru this with Cole and it worried me to death. It was still happening at the beginning of his school year and he was 5 1/2 at that point. So maybe this is more...
Seven was the age where I uninvolved myself in the picking out of clothes for my dd. It was becoming a fight every day. So, she wears what she wants. If she's cold/wet/hot/whatever, it's her issue (she's 10 now). I may give her a reminder to grab a coat or what have you, but it's up to her to get it. Also, her room ... I shut the door. I expect it to be reasonably tidy and if it's not I WILL tell her to pick it up. I just don't do it as often now and it's seemed to help by...
In our school it's generally as a result of a child landing themselves on their red card so it's on an individual basis. They use the colored strips that are moved from green to yellow to red when breaking a rule. So the actual behavior that gets the recess taken away varies.
My twins are at the end of their Kindergarten year and I was given an end of the year survey by one of his teachers. On that survey she asked what one thing we'd change about the year if we could. My response was that I'd like to see P.E. or a secondary recess period incorporated into each day. Our kids get one recess each day and P.E. twice a week. And that if that weren't a possibility, to at least ensure that no recess would be taken as punishment. Today she sent me a...
I agree the schedule sounds common. Mine were every 4 wks after 20 wks. It did prove to be beneficial for me as my twin B had low amniotic fluid @ 36 wks and I was induced. However, if I wasn't comfortable with it, I'd at least ask to space them out more or go the procrastination route. Good luck!
We just found this channel. Don't know what the baby's or my opinion of it is yet, but my two 6 year olds & my 10 year old are mesmerized.