or Connect

Posts by emblmrgrl

Just agreeing with the other ladies here about the letdown... my son, now 2 months old, still does the same thing if it's not letting down quick enough. It also happens when he cluster feeds and is super prominent during his growth spurt extended nursing sessions, LOL.
One of my 4 y/o twins is 37" tall and 38 lbs and the other is 36" tall and 44 lbs... I try to go more by how they're acting/feeling though and if all seems well I don't worry about the numbers. My taller boy is rail thin and a very picky eater but he's also built really differently than his twin so I don't expect him to gain weight the same. And to me, it seems like there's a lag in weight gain around this age anyway... my daughter only gained like 2 pounds from age 3 to...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamaley good question. both, actually. they will get kind of offended if i don't take them, but then they'll get annoyed when they're not totally quiet during the service. Sounds like my family! So here how I handle it, I take my kids to the visitation and if I think the kids won't be able to sit through the service I either sit close to an exit or just skip the actual service altogether. That allows everyone to see...
My boys are 4 1/2 and they've recently gone into different sizes so that makes it easier to buy for each of them. Before though I just always had one closet and just let them wear whatever. We've only done the matchy poo outfits for pictures, lol.
Hi Kerrie, I thought I'd share my experience with this topic. This first came up for me when my daughter was about 2. I was in school to be a funeral director & embalmer at the time... she thought I worked in a hospital because I wore scrubs alot, lol. As a general answer I say that we die when our bodies get old and are worn out or aren't working right anymore. My kids have a basic knowledge of how their bodies work, like their brain does the thinking, their lungs do...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamalita I think I was just so surprised to see children close to my DS' age being still at all! Hi mamalita, I have twin boys that are four and are so opposite you'd think they were from different families! One of them will sit down with us for dinner (always has), although he's never been made to sit, and you might even find him in his room for hours playing alone with his toys... he stays very deep in thought a...
We have an Impala and could fit 2 infant carriers and a booster in the middle when my boys were smaller... now we're up to two boosters and an infant carrier in the middle since they're older and we have another one, lol. It's a little hard to get your hands out after fastening seat belts but we manage!
I too have had to keep my 8 year old from staying with a family member for a similar reason... my cousin, who I was pretty close to, had my daughter for an overnight visit with her daughter of the same age. I thought they were just hanging out at her house so I had gone for dinner out with my husband and other kids. When I picked her up the next morning, I found out my cousin had dropped both girls off at our local skating rink for over 2 hours! : I was livid! Granted we...
Hope no one minds one of the new girls jumping in here... I just wanted to say I'm so happy you ladies do take the time to put the information out there even if it does sometimes seem like it isn't getting thru to anyone. Trust me, it does... I have four children, the youngest of which is only 7 weeks old. He is my only breastfed baby and oh how I can tell a difference in him already! Had I known then what I know now, NONE of them would've been formula fed. I was so young...