or Connect

Posts by emblmrgrl

Quote: Originally Posted by sledg Oh, Jennifer. You certainly do not sound like a lunatic. I want to say something really helpful, but all I can think is that it's just so heartwrenching to be worried about your kid all the time. And to be worried about how accurate your perceptions are. After reading Maureen's awesome and truly helpful post, I found myself worrying again about what my daughter's demons will be when she is an adult. Will her demons...
Hello all. I've been reading along as usual but have had so many thoughts lately about my own situation, I just haven't had anything much to offer. First thing, Maureen, WOW. That post was deep. And, I really needed that, too. As I'm sure I've said before, all my kids play sports and this past Monday night my boys had a baseball game. My darling little Cole plays catcher mainly because it's the only position that can hold his attention. Even that is too slow but he...
Just popping in for a second to say hi ... we're in a good spot for the time being so I'm trying to enjoy it! I'm still reading along though. And as always, there's some good stuff here, so I'm taking it all in. I'm working on me right now, I guess, too ... trying to learn to let things go quickly. Whatever it is, it's working at the moment.
I would also suggest finding another family, or even your DD's coach, for your DD to carpool with if your DH can't do more right now. My DD plays softball & soccer in the spring, soccer in the fall, basketball in winter. Then, my twin DS play soccer/baseball in the spring, soccer in the fall, and will pick up basketball this next winter also. Generally, I take the boys, DH takes our DD but I'm certainly known to call another mom and ask if she can take my DD to practice or...
My DH is a Journeyman Electrician.
Quote: Originally Posted by sledg Also, Bearsmama, it's interesting what you said about all these things originating in the same area of the brain. That makes sense, in a way I can't articulate right now. And it makes sense that this is why it's so difficult to diagnose these things. A similar idea was actually tossed around a bit in a thread here about mothering highly sensitive children, wondering if a lot of the labels tossed around there (SID, highly...
Wow, so much to say! My kids were on spring break last week so I was hiding out with them (and from them at times ). We've just been existing for the most part. Nothing too big going on, which is always a good thing. Cole was doing really well in school the week before spring break. Enough so that his teacher sent me a note saying if he finished his week out that way, that he'd receive a special prize. Well, I think she messed up when she told HIM that. He had a rough...
Just now seeing this thread ... my fraternal boys are in Kinder this year and I did separate them. The school here likes to do that but will keep them together if you request it, however. I separated my boys because one is very dominant. He has had more trouble this year, but his brother is flourishing! It's truly amazing how his personality has come out. So my thoughts are that it should be done on a case by case basis. I consulted with other twin moms in my area. One of...
This sounds like a good deal. If anyone has any other info on it, I'd be interested. I need to find something without corn that isn't gonna break our bank for our Dobie.
I swear by Odornix. It has taken the smell of pee AND vomit out of my carpet. And, it's non-toxic. I buy it at walmart but I think you can get it online, too.