or Connect

Posts by emblmrgrl

Quote: Originally Posted by annethcz Household tasks/chores are expected of my children because they are part of the family. Families help each other and work together. I don't want my kids to learn that they do chores only so they can get paid. So at our house, allowance and chore are not linked. This is how we do things as well. If my kids want to earn money, they can come to me for "extra" jobs that have to be done. We thought about...
Quote: Originally Posted by MaMaLi For us what really worked was giving up diapers. That was the key for us also. I was leary with my oldest child and did the pull ups, etc. but after her, it was full on to underwear and naked time and dealing with accidents if they happened.
Quote: Originally Posted by joesmom it reminded me of another one that really grates on my nerves: When asking if the kids are being good, I hate it when someone says, Are you being have?? (long A on have.) No, they aren't. They are behaving, though. I do this. : I didn't realize it until I married and my husband started making fun of me. I blame my mother.
My DH always sent my DD in the women's restroom alone and stood by the door. That's what I do with our boys, too ... send them in the men's room and stay by the door watching who goes in & out.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bearsmama emblm-Is it that we're a bit resentful? Like our child is getting more thought, more well-motivated parenting then we did? And we're feeling resentful adn threatened some how? I've been thinking about this one a bit. I'd really like to hear more about that. I do feel resentment towards Cole on occasion but it has always seemed to stem from not being able to control him, to be blunt. Maybe that does come...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bearsmama But it's hard to have a kid that's "different", even if you're the one who would be the first to stand on a soapbox and tell ya that you "gotta embrace your child's uniqueness". : I laugh about it because it's so true, but I really do feel both sides of that. And it is so very hard. On being like me ... I've spent years trying to figure out why Cole must chew on EVERYTHING. He should've outgrown it by...
Oh, man, Bearsmama... that is rich. I definitely think you're on to something. My mother compares Cole to me all the time and I always think it can't be true because I would NEVER have been allowed to behave that way. And then, I'll have a flash of jumping up between the front seats of the car and my father saying "Jennifer, if you don't sit down, I'm gonna ... blah, blah, blah". I've always had trouble conforming, I'm aware of that, so why my child doing it is so hard for...
That's wonderful Maureen! I wish you much success!
Quote: Originally Posted by mamaley I wonder how you mamas do it with more than one child in so many activities! It never slows down, huh? It does get crazy for us. Our general routine is that DH takes DD to her things as he coaches a lot of her sports (he's far more able to handle the older ones as it gets more technical) and I take the twins. We have them put on the same team of course, so that helps. That is a huge factor as to why I'm...
Just had to run in this morning to share something good ... as I said last night, I was out all morning yesterday with my DD while DH had the twins. We ALL, 'cept the babe, got a bit of a sunburn and were worn out so we snacked for dinner. I went in to help Cole pick up his room and he was clearly just pooped from his busy day. He slept all night ... yay! no watching tv @ 2am. THAT is HUGE for us. So this morning, I cooked a nice breakfast. Cole was sucked into the tv...