or Connect

Posts by emblmrgrl

Quote: Originally Posted by sledg I'm baaaaa-aaaaack! And I just have to say this: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGG GHHHHHHH!!! Why, why, why did I ever think it would be a good idea to have 3 children? (Cue immediate guilt, upon looking at my beautiful children, for ever thinking this.) I am just not good at this. Not when it gets like this. Sledg I have hugs to give today because you helped me yesterday! That,...
Quote: Originally Posted by sledg I used to handle it pretty well while we were there, but bottled up all this embarrassment and frustration and exasperation. Then I'd lecture dd1 all the way home, and we'd all be miserable. It was just awful. That is so me, sledg. I'm trying to remove myself from the sibling relationship and let them solve their issues, barring physical stuff, and I guess I just have to stay on that path. Eventually...
Quote: Originally Posted by sledg emblmrgrl, I know, I think, what you mean about your son being smart enough to weigh the consequences vs. his satisfaction/desire/whatever. Sometimes I think my dd1 is this way, too. She once said, as I sent her to time-out for hitting, "I'm sorry, I didn't know I'd have to go to my room!" So her motivation was avoiding consequences. Frustrating. And some consequences seem to be worth it, as if she pays for her bad...
Quote: Originally Posted by marybethorama As for the second my kids go to school and I hear nothing but compliments on how well-behaved they are. Not that they are like that at home but they can behave if they need too. That is mostly a personality thing I think but maybe I did do something right. I don't think that wild behavior is always a reflection on the parent-especially in younger kids but a lot of it does improve with age. And...
Oh good gracious, I was half way thru a huge post and my computer ate it I come to you wise mamas to vent this morning. Last night we had soccer practice. I've coached Cole's team since he started playing. This is his 4th season. He's always done good for me aside from the occasional lazy bouts he'll have which in turn makes him sit and pout. I generally go over and tell him that when we're at soccer, I'm his coach and he needs to listen just like the others. It's...
Yep. My DD (10) plays softball, soccer, & basketball. So, right now we're in spring soccer & softball is just starting up. My boys (6) play soccer & T-ball as well and can start basketball at the next season. It's hectic, but really, I find it very positive for them, too. And I love watching them play. DH & I also coach when they need us to so it often ends up being spent as family time. I've had the local pee wee football coaches asking about one of my sons starting...
Congrats Justine! I somehow missed your post before. .
Quote: Originally Posted by sledg How do you play with your boys? Do you play with them? What do they like? How do you connect with them and do special time with them? No, we don't play, not so much. That sounds awful, but my boys are pretty rowdy. The noise is overstimulating to me and the physical way they like to play sends me into orbit. I can't wrestle with them. We read, we talk, we dig for information together but really in the...
Welcome Mickiswing! Everyone is right on about the silly stuff... Bears, the hair thing reminded me of my littlest guy. I had to cut his hair again the other night and I was complaining the entire time. I mean really, who wants to purposely wrestle an almost 2 y/o into a hair cut? Not I. So I'm sitting there and just said to my DH "y'know, next time, the people complaining about his hair can come over and do this". DH throws me a confused look and I said "I truly don't...
I suppose I handle things similarly to how sledg discribed. In a situation like you presented, I would've just gone ahead with dessert regardless of how much dinner was eaten. I've found my kids will, like sledg said, either be fine with how much they ate or will return and finish dinner. But for me the decision to not give dessert based on how much eaten comes from a couple places. First, I used to feel that way when my daughter was younger. It then occured to me that...