or Connect

Posts by emblmrgrl

Quote: Originally Posted by TEAK's Mom I'm a few posts behind, but I have to post in a moment of extreme pride in my challenging girl. On Sunday morning, we got word that dh's grandfather had died after an extremely long illness. We live in Alaska, they live in Florida. We ended up having less than four hours from getting the news to having to be at the airport. So, dh and I were racing around getting everything ready to travel cross-country with two...
Hello everyone... been a couple of weeks since I've had time to put much thought into a post but I'm reading, as always. We've been in a rather smooth spot since our last incident at school and actually, Cole is gone right now with one of his classmates for the morning. That's big for me... more so than him... given that I'm usually VERY resistant to letting him leave with anyone. I get nearly panic striken thinking he'll have a hard time controlling himself with...
Hi! I have the same issue with my son who is about to be 6. Just last night I found him chewing on a small piece of glass that he found in the carpet from where the glass in a picture frame had broken... guess the vaccum missed it. : I bought him one of these http://www.equipmentshop.com/Product...?ProductID=128 which has helped quite a bit. He takes that to school with him. My son has chewed everything from his playstation cords to the wood on his bed, clothes, paper......
Welcome Sydnee! Bearsmama is correct... Sledg is a wise, wise mama. Quote: Originally Posted by TEAK's Mom Today, I am kind of proud of myself. We started the morning in true Lord of the Flies fashion. All we lacked was a bleeding pig's head on a stick. The screaming had me so much on edge that I was ready to join in. And, I didn't. I stayed calm, worked on meeting everyone's needs and we got through it. It may be the first day in history that got...
arimama, Welcome! There's some wonderful advice here. Justine, sorry about the pain issue you're having. I had pubic symphisis dysfunction when I was expecting my last one so I can relate. It sucks to be in pain on top of being pregnant and dealing with a challenging child, too. Sledg, I am fully planning on ordering Non violent Communication sometime next week and probably some other books of Rosenburg's. I'm really enjoying what I've read in his articles. I'm...
Giving this thread a little bump to check in on everyone! Had a really productive day yesterday and felt like sharing. I was nosing around the GD section and found an article that resonated with me http://www.naturalchild.org/marshall...ten_steps.html and my struggle with the yelling and anger that comes when I'm having a particularly bad day. It seems so simple in retrospect but yet is so hard in the middle of that moment. So I read and set out to figure out why I...
's for you and Havoc.
loon- Wow @ the Rules for Being Human. I loved that. #7 really hits home today for me. Quote: OTHERS ARE MERELY MIRRORS OF YOU. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects something you love or hate about yourself
Sledg-as in nearly every post, wise words. Thank you. I feel very fortunate today to have a place to reflect with mothers who get it.