or Connect

Posts by emblmrgrl

My DD will be 10 in a few weeks and is right at 100 lbs. She's approx. 4' 8" tall. She's, I'd say, fairly average with those around her... wears a size 14/16, very solid girl and she's active in a sport all year round. There are however, plenty of girls at her school that are very skinny (to me) so I'm sure it varies by body type as much as anything. My boys will be 6 in a couple weeks... one is 42lbs (very skinny) and the other is 52lbs. They're 3' 9" and 3'8" tall,...
Quote: Originally Posted by MsMoMpls I just heard the best advice ever!!!! Do nothing when nothing works. Not sure why, but boy does that speak to me. Glad we are all connecting so well. I agree with sledg that offering ideas and support and different views is touchy but I love that we have created a place where ideas are just ideas, suggestions are not threats. That may be why this thread has had such a long and rich life. Great...
Mine are all 4 years apart... 9, 5 (twins), and 1 (well really 19 mos.). I love the 4 year spacing and the biggest challenge I've found has been between balancing the oldests activities with the littlest one. It's hard to explain to him why we're only watching his sister play ball! LOL So maybe my challenge is adding the 3rd. One benefit is that the oldest one is able to play more independently while dealing with the baby.
First of all this --> I know how trying this age can be. My youngest is 19 months and my oldest will be 10 next month. Throw a couple almost 6 y/o boys in there and you have my life. So needless to say, I've seen this stage more than once and am currently in it again. This age is probably one of my least favorites, to be quite honest. They're old enough to realize they're separate from mama but yet they're not quite able to do all the things they're aware of. They...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bearsmama Hi Mamas, I was thinking about checking in every night for the past few, and I haven't. But I've been thinking of all of you. Things have been really sucky, actually. I am really, really, really trying to breathe, detach a bit, etc. And it IS helping. Putting things into action *does* actually help! Seriously, though, (and sledg will know this) I just read this great quote from a monk about how people want to...
Hey mamas, I made it over from the TAO thread. So where to begin?! I second the suggestion made on that thread about taking it room by room. For me, the smallest rooms were easiest to start with and the easiest to keep up with. So, generally when I want to begin an overall clean up, I go to my bathroom closet and re-organize. Another tip that comes to mind... nothing goes under our beds unless it's in a container. I could never stand having odds and ends stuffed under my...
Ok, well I'm a mom of 4 and I'm super organized. My personal neverending tasks are dishes and laundry. So I wash clothes daily, usually. I leave the washing machine open and instead of hampers, all dirty clothes go straight in the washer. When it's full, I run a load of clothes. I've organized all closets and toys so clean up is easy. The kids pick up their own rooms nightly and I pick up after the little one several times during the day to keep the mess down. The...
Have you tried going to underwear at night? Maybe if she knew there was no diaper to go in she'd try going potty. For us, as long as my little ones were in diapers at night, they used them. Sure, I had more laundry the first couple days and then again on the odd occasion, but as long as you're prepared for that it's no big deal. Hope you find something that works.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bearsmama sledg-TEAKs, TLO-Thank you, dear mamas Just a quickie here-I am seriously considering some additional care for Bears, but I just don't know how we'd swing it. I had the file on my lap earlier today, ready to call and have him in supplemental care a few days/week. I NEVER THOUGHT in a MILLION years that I'd think this. NEVER. I may just need to find some way to get some more breaks. Also, I think this need to...
Love my apple butter! In fact, I'll be making my yearly batch for gift baskets starting tomorrow. And, it is so easy to make!