or Connect

Posts by CoastaGal

I found out I was pregnant in the first week of June. We're military family as well and are currently stationed in the middle of nowhere --the nearest military base is two hours away! I contacted nearest midwife practice, thank God they are only an hour away, so let's pray I'll make it:) My first appointment isn't until July 15th!! though which by then makes me 12 weeks pregnant according to my calculations (my conception date was def. May 18th). Its way too late...
I HAD to pump, otherwise I would have exploded, I mean my boobies would:) Our freezer was full of breast milk for months to come. I also discovered that the more you pump the easier it becomes, less painful, etc. My milk supply had increased also.   I will be pumping this time around as well, its nice to have some extra on hand, especially when you're ready to leave for couple of hours for a well deserved date night for example.
New Chapter Prenatals here (three times a day, I freak out a little bit because I'm so afraid I'll forget) and Nordic naturals prenatal DHA.   I was thinking about taking some calcium supplements (we live in ME, always rainy, barely any sun here) but my bottle said not to be taken during pregnancy or breastfeeding...is there a brand that makes prenatal calcium supplements? If so I couldn't find it.
Hang in there, I cannot imagine what you must be going through but like everyone above mentioned having a sign of a heartbeat is definitely a positive! I think doctors always have to mention the worst to protect themselves when really situation isn't bad at all.   I am sending you good thoughts and positive energy!
My oldest DD was co-sleeping with us since birth.When I found out I was pregnant with my second DD we began to transition oldest one out of our bed and into her own room. What a horror that was--she would wake up crying, screaming and basically both DH and I dreaded bed time like our worst nightmare. Eventually she won and we gave up trying to transition her. I bought bassinet for our new baby (who by the way hated it and ended up in our bed soon after birth, what a...
Hi Sarah,   I can relate. We aren't secure financially either and are afraid to tell about this pregnancy to one side of the family as well. I think I will wait until I'm well into my second trimester and the riskier time is over. I will be working on our budget to spend less, do more canning and freezing, and crochet + sew instead of buy... The most important thing for me is that this baby is desired by OUR family and no one else really matters because eventually...
Name: Nina * EDD: February 10 th. Although my other two were two weeks late, so who knows?! * Age: 29, will be 30 by the time this little one shows up! * Location: Maine * How long it took to you to get your BFP: from the very first time, still cannot believe it! Yay for ovulation charts! * What number child is this for you: Number three, and later hoping for one more:) * Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH--my...
I will have natural birth and will use midwifes. I'm also hoping to be brave enough for water birth! My two children were born at the hospital, one induced with epidural (due to complete lack of guidance), but now I know better. To be honest I am scared of the pain but determined to do the best I could do for my baby. I am also planning to breastfeed for much longer than a year (with my last one people shamed me into quitting saying my DD is getting too old).