or Connect

Posts by michelle

Is it safe to start taking St. John's wort while nursing a 2 1/2 year old? He only nurses a couple of times a day, but all my books say that this herb is prohibited for lactating women. Most books say that about ALL herbs, so I wasn't sure if this was a real prohibiton or just the usual "cover-your-butt" kind of stuff. Anyone?? M
I'm looking for some information about kids who have allergies to food colorings. I have a strong suspicion that my 2 year old son has a sensitivity to red food coloring. He is allergic to peanuts, dairy and eggs, and we manage that pretty well. But now he is showing crazy behavioral symptoms whenever he eats anything with red food coloring. I thought I was just imagining it, or that it was terrible twos, or his emotional tank wasn't full or something. But I took him off...
My ds has eczema too...but I've never heard of Elidel? What is it and what does it do? Michelle
Hi! I'm in Northern Virginia too, and while I don't have a great GP reccomendation for you, I'd like to know who your homeopath and pediatrician is. We live in Fauquier county Virginia, and I am not really that happy with our ped. Any good reccomendations? Michelle p.s. Love your quote...are you a catholic?
Yes, I think that is possible, in fact, pretty common. At my midwife's office, they let the moms dip their own urine at every check up. They show you how to read the little stick and everything. One of the squares is for leukocytes, which are white blood cells (high level would indicate infection), and it would often come up a little high(out of the normal range) when I would do it. I asked why and the midwife said that it's usually just contamination from any vaginal...
It was my understanding that uva ursi was not recommended during pregnancy, but I have heard of midwives using it during pregnancy very carefully. You don't have to take much of it anyway, so even less during pregnancy. Just my two cents worth. M
I have used cranberry for UTI's successfully in the past...I believe I took 1-2 400mg capsules, three times a day. But the important thing is to literally drown yourself with water. You have to drink so much water to flush the bacteria out of the urinary tract and allow the cranberry to work. I would just drink water until I was nauseous! In addition to the cranberry, I took 500 mg vitamin C, every two hours, 30 mg zinc per day, and completely cut out sugar. I believe...