or Connect

Posts by AmyY

I was here obsessively during my daughters' baby/toddler years.  Haven't been here in years.  Someone referred me to the Holiday Helper thread and I came back.  My old username worked!  Haha  I even found the thread back in November of 2005 that made me realize I'm not straight.  I'm also not AmyY anymore.    I should probably go change my username.  Back then I was a married-to-a-man SAHM of twin babies/toddlers.  Now I'm a happily single lesbian mama who works full time...
Quote: Originally Posted by NoliMum Wow that is good to know. It's so hard to find resources for married women who are not lesbian but bisexual. Just wanted to chime in also to say that I am not posting much at MDC at all really, but I am checking this thread regularly. It helps me tons to read everyone's accounts of their family life, even if circumstances are different, I can relate to everything. Thank you everyone for posting. COAMLB...
Quote: Originally Posted by PenelopeJune Thanks guys. It felt soooo good to admit that. It's pretty sad that it took me so much courage to "come out" online to a bunch of people who don't know me. How the heck will I tell my DH? I think I'll just start dropping hints left and right until he gets it. Although guys are so dense about that kind of thing. Dropping hints never works when it comes to telling him what I want for my birthday. Hey Amy, you...
Quote: Originally Posted by fireant You all may remember that I'm out for the most part. My friends and close family know but H's friends know but his family doesn't. I'm letting him be ready for that. His co-workers at one of his jobs didn't know but I didn't know that they didn't know and I outed myself to them recently. H now has 2 part-time jobs (I was the working parent). So I don't see him too often. I think this has actually helped us out...
Quote: Originally Posted by fireant Sorry to jump in Amy, but here are a few: I enjoyed this book: Living Two Lives: A guide for Married Women Awakening to their Attraction to Other Women, by Joanne Fleisher who also has this: Ask Joanne Haven't gone there myself but have heard that classic dykes has some resources. I'm just looking into finding a book called, Married Women Who Love Women, by Carren Strock and From Wedded Wife to Lesbian Life:...
Quote: Originally Posted by PenelopeJune Whoa, I hit post. Go Penny! What you do is really up to you. There are some resources out there for those of us going through this, and they all acknowledge that this is a big thing, however we choose to approach it. I'm out to my H and as I move forward I feel greater relief being more out, even though it looks like baby steps to others I'm sure. I think that's key, what gives you the greatest...
Quote: Originally Posted by EviesMom I found it totally fascinating. The examples are all poly related, but I found stuff like this useful to apply to other situations: "Often, you discover a goal by tripping over a problem: "Last night, when you and Sam were in our bedroom together, my feet were freezing and I couldn't get in there to get my bedroom slippers." The goal is to prevent this problem from coming up again--what kinds of agreements might...
Sphinx, you didn't kill the thread. Most of us are probably looking for other people with the courage to put it all out there on teh interwebs first. The Ethical Slut, you say? Great book title... a fun read? I don't consider myself bi or poly, but could use some communication tools.
I'm in a similar situation, dragging on, not sure what's next. Not fitting in to the bisexual threads so much either. I'll be back later too.
We need our own support thread. LOL I seriously thought I was the only person on MDC going through this.