or Connect

Posts by AmyY

Quote: Originally Posted by angie7 The reason is I'm sick and tired of telling people "I don't know why they were born early" I get the funniest looks like I'm either 1. crazy 2. didnt do something right or 3. dont know b/c I dont care to know. Alot of people when they find out they were ID (and know about twins) assumes it was TTTS, but my girls were di/di so that wasnt an issue. I just want a reason. The only thing my doctor has said is "your uterus ran...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sisyphus As a mid-life bloomer myself, I can also recommend the Fleischer book "Living Two Lives" but I found the board on her site to be dominated by a few women who tend to run off anyone who suggests doing anything differently than they do, or expresses any sort of dissenting opinion. I also found the tone of the board to be so incredibly whiney and victim-minded that it totally turned me off. I hung out there, mostly...
Seriously? No one's mentioned Cris Williamson? Seriously? OK I'll do it. Cris Williamson. The Changer and the Changed. Best. Album. Evah. Y'all are embryos, right? LOL
Quote: Originally Posted by fireant There is a pretty nice book called Living Two Lives: Married to a Man And in Love With a Woman by Joanne Fleisher. She also has a website and forum often called AJ that stands for Ask Joanne....looking for a link...Here is her website and the forum is on the left side. HTH Seconding this one. Joanne's book is a very helpful, if somewhat difficult, read. Her website explains a variety of ways married...
I'm not sure why the OP deleted her OP and subsequent posts, but this thread is a good one... My mom has often done the "I guess it's just different with twins (big sigh, resigned head shaking)" as a way to tell me she disagrees with how I mother my children but she's enough of a saint not to mention it.
You can't go by what you look like four months post partum. Really. Depending on your age, how much you gained, and how your body bounces back, your results will be different. You may find that your clothing styles change over time to accommodate a new and different figure. But not a worse figure. Just a different figure. Really. At four months your body is still trying to figure out what the heck happened to it. Give it more time. Lots more time. A year more...
You need to discuss this in detail with your attorney. You also need to disclose any relationship you may be in. Let your attorney have all the info so s/he does not end up on the defensive if SBTX brings this up.
Oh my gosh, the memories. I was on bedrest so my feet were up anyway, but the swelling was still bad. Hugs.
I think even if you're going the hospital route, which I did, it still depends. I preferred having my OB and then consulting with the peris. In our small community there is no regular access to perinatologists, and there is ONE group of perinatologists in the whole state, a rather uncomfortable plane flight (no other way to get there) away. So when it became clear that I was pre eclamptic and had to be life flighted to the hospital where they could care for me and my...
HI Celeste, SingerMama from WWoW here! I agree that second trimester (especially that early in) is the time to do it. It's when you'll have a bit of energy, LOL. Make sure to plan in more frequent breaks for you to walk around and stretch your legs. You'll be measuring big by that time, possibly as much as a 20-25 week singleton, and your feet will tend to swell more easily. So yeah, lots of fluids, lots of breaks, but definitely that's the time. Just remember...