or Connect

Posts by AmyY

Hi again! I've noticed all my computer/mechanical things have been acting up this past week. Perhaps if I stay away it will come back. (No chance of that by the way. )
Two books I like, coming from completely different religious perspectives: The Dance of the Dissident Daughter by Sue Monk Kidd. Christian perspective http://www.amazon.com/Dance-Dissiden...1420397&sr=1-1 If you scroll down the page on that one you'll see references to other works coming out of similar traditions. Goddess Alive! Inviting Celtic and Norse Goddesses into Your Life by Michele Skye. Pagan/Wiccan...
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=836409 (Yes I presume this is against some sort of rule. I'm hoping enough people see it before it gets deleted that they'll go answer. No need for a pm. Thanks.)
Quote: Originally Posted by Synthea™ Just be there when she calls at 3am wondering where in the hell she went wrong Um, no. At 3:00 a.m. considerations of survival trump all other thoughts. How to get everybody fed, nobody dropped, and then start the next round with no rest in between, for example. How to nurse two babies who are just learning; or how to work on teaching two preemies to nurse while pumping; or trying to figure out what sort...
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaPia AmyY - THANK YOU so much for your post and for giving me those great resources. THANK YOU! And I do plan on standing by her. I've already told her that I'm available day or night, and I will do anything I can. (Oh - but even being a singleton mom, I do know "sleep deprived". My oldest DS had terrible colic and practically cried non-stop the first four months of his life, and would only sleep ON ME with me proppede...
OK well for what it's worth to ya, here's my experience: 1. Twin pregnancy from IVF after ten years of infertility. 2. I wanted CONSTANT MEDICAL MONITORING. Seriously. If you could have hooked up an internet camera to the insides of my two sacs, I would ALMOST have been at ease enough. 3. Absolutely no way was any baby getting in the bed with me. Please. Don't even start on that one. 4. Breastfeeding was suspect, and LLL was militant. Any suggestion that...
I'm subbing for advice. We've done The Kissing Hand until I want to vomit it (and I was really not a fan of it, it actually makes me shudder, but I gamely went for it). We've done the kissing hands every day; we've done hugs; we've done staying; we've done quick leaving; we've done routine activities upon dropoff; we've done letting them go to a private place to scream (Ali) and stare into space (Anni). We are down to whimpering all morning until dropoff, loud...
I wouldn't send it, but on the other hand it sounds like you want to have your final say and be done with her forever. In that case, I'd say, figure out the most satisfying way to do that, and if it's email, so be it. If it's in person, so be it. If it's by phone, so be it. In any case, I certainly wouldn't send it with the idea in mind that upon reading this she will now see your side of things.
Are we doing this again? OK: 1. Fraternal (DZ) twins are passed down through the mother's side. The genetic tendency to ovulate more than one egg per cycle is passed through the mother. So your DH having twins in his family has absolutely nothing to do with your having fraternal twins. 2. Identical (MZ) twins are a bit more of a mystery. Recent research has demonstrated, as a pp said above, that there may be a connection from the father's side. But this is recent...
You're both absolutely adorable! (And your DH looks like a total teddy bear!)