or Connect

Posts by AmyY

Quote: Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali Update: My mom ordered it for me and even though it was past the sale time, they gave her the sale price because she tried calling for hours!! I'll have to pay her back (starting with a hefty first payment of $100) but at least ds will have it. Now I have to wait til the 26th to contact the music school about financial aid and setting up lessons. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to pay for these...
I see our OP hasn't returned. But I've been thinking about this. I had preemie twins. I literally thought I COULD NOT be AP. Reason? My little ones were to floppy to be carried in a sling. The thing freaked me out. Also, I had life-threatening complications around their premature birth and could not pump enough to establish a full milk supply for them both until they could learn to nurse. So I supplemented for most of the first year, until I could finally...
I'm so very very sorry.
Site bookmarked, style stolen!
I'm a music teacher (in the middle of the Pacific so can't help directly sorry ) but here's my thought for what it's worth. Call the school and explain that you will be looking to barter for lessons and a keyboard. Just be matter-of-fact about it. If they are the ones who have someone skilled to teach your DS, go with them. I barter with students for childcare, personal organization stuff, etc. If a student needed access to a piano, I'd give them the combo to the...
Quote: Originally Posted by SleeplessMommy By the way, the ADA has a "Give Back a Smile" for victims of domestic violence. http://www.aacd.com/foundation/ LOOK!!! INTO!!!! THIS!!!!! Quote: Originally Posted by EFmom If you are about to enter the nursing world, is it likely you would have dental insurance with a new job? Personally, I'd go to a couple of good dentists and get all my options clearly laid out for me...
Well! I got to school to pick up the girls today and - Director/teacher came over and said she had talked to Ali (who has been doing most of the crying recently). She said what they are going to do from tomorrow is have a quick walk in, Miss J will give her a quick hug, and then will take her off to do something. She won't be left alone or allowed to go on crying. If she feels sad they will help her draw pictures and write stories about feeling sad. I didn't say much...
Thanks for the many thoughts, lots here to think about. ETA: separating anxious twins is not something I am going to do. For any reason. Thanks though CMLP. Posting that just in case anyone pg with twins is reading. At this point in US educational policy, mostly twins are forced apart from the beginning, and mostly this is hugely detrimental. Particularly in cases of very high anxiety, no current research into twins and education shows any benefit whatsoever. Those...
Thanks for the 43 views! Any comments? :
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=792960 Thanks!