or Connect

Posts by AmyY

Quote: Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali I thought you were in some exotic land. It is a beautifully exotic cyber-land! Where everything works EVERY TIME. Where there are NO VIRUSES. Where you NEVER see the Blue Screen of Death. Where if you have trouble you can reach out to a worldwide online community of folks who will walk you through how to fix it - but where there really is almost no trouble so mostly that community is about geeks...
I just got the cutest thaing from Sundance Catalog online. Go to the Under $30.00 section. They have some off-season stuff which is what I got being in the tropics and all, but there is plenty of corduroy and denim and stuff too. Fun, cute, just got my order today and looks really really really well made. I put one shirt on immediately and wore it the rest of the day. : Oh - while you're over there check out the Good Fortune Pants (in that Under $30.00 section). ...
Congrats! I have an Ubuntu laptop too and compared to my XP desktop it is the shizz, the whiz, the biz. It totally and completely rocks! I will confess to a lack of geekness though. I bought mine pre-installed from Dell. I still lurv it. It is so FAST. So TROUBLEFREE. So SIMPLE. It is what an OS is all about. You are in for some fun computing! Plus you're a geek so you're freaky cool! :
My girls turned four at the end of Sept. They have been home with me all their lives, until late August. I went back to work, they went to the preschool associated with the local university where I work. I picked it because of small class size, low teacher/student ratio, and the director's enthusiasm about working with twins. Three months in we have daily heavy crying at drop-off (starts in the car as I turn on to the street where the school is; the girls do not...
Are there other reasons that he thinks you are a lesbian? I'm not asking you to list them if you don't want to, I'm just not clear on how appreciating female beauty in and of itself is an indicator of any particular sexual orientation. Your own awareness of yourself is more important. Whichever way you lean. And - it's all good.
Quote: Originally Posted by mothertoall he does earn his own money....he mows lawns....but as far as putting it towards the house....i don't know. Right - if he's already earmarked that money elsewhere then just arbitrarily declaring it The Home Improvement Account isn't likely to, err, improve anything. FWIW, at 12 I was convinced I led the most embaressing, underpriveleged, weird, out of touch life possible. My parents absolutely could do...
This thread is very inspiring! I'm going home to declutter! LOL I am not a mother to a twelve year old yet so may be talking out my you know what. But - could the 12 year old come up with some plans, create a budget, and work with you to figure out how to get some money to start on it? Like oh I don't know mowing lawns or something? I'm sorry I don't know if that's an age appropriate suggestion, I'll find out in about 8 years myself!
OK so if it's really half joking, perhaps the joke could be tried on the jokers? Start eating with your left hand and express surprise and sort of joke about the righties at the table eating impolitely with their right hands. And make sure to set the table for the lefties only. OK that's passive aggressive. LOL Actually the OP made me mad. My brother is a lefty and we did work at how to sit so he could eat with his left hand. But there is still a generation of...
Saying your mantras right along with you...
No. They all stuck together, dressed alike, you couldn't go visit them unless you were buzzed in, etc etc. I'm shocked to read about people who regarded sorority as CHEAP. They were freakishly expensive at my already very expensive university. My friends and I did hang with a particular fraternity which was sort of a loose excuse for a beer party all the time - I expect those guys are still throwing rockin' barbecues for their neighbors 20 years later wherever they...