or Connect

Posts by AmyY

My girls are 15 months old so I have some time before I have to make a decision here. :LOL But DH and I have been discussing their education and thinking about options. The local Waldorf school seemed like a good idea except it's not so local - a loooong drive, plus the tuition for two is waaaaay out of our league : - so that's out. The local PS has a good reputation but we hear often of twin parents who run afoul of the local PS (not ours specifically, but all in...
It sounds like you are doing just fine, with DD, DH, and MIL to boot! Congrats! My Clone-O-Matic is on order from the Acme Company. When it arrives I will begin the process of cloning my sainted MIL (Saint Fay of the Twins, as she will be known in legend and song). Once that happens I will send out as many copies as I get orders for. Speak now! Today while the three of us napped, she cleaned my kitchen and mopped my floors. Now she is feeding the girls their snack...
I have twins. My blessed MIL comes EVERY day to help for 2-3 hours. Without her help we would be insane around here. I want another baby. If needing help is a criteria for having more children I shouldn't have brought both twins home from the hospital, much less want to have another one. Give yourself a break. You can clean house when the last one goes to college. :LOL You're doing great and I hope you get pg soon!
Oh - I didn't realize you were so worried about bottles. My girls had both breast and bottle until we were able to end supplementation at 9 months (Alicia) and 10 1/2 months (Annika). They breastfed on demand around the clock as well. We are still going strong. Remember also that many moms who work out of the home pump and their babies receive bottles during the day when they are separated and then breastfeed all night and all weekend. My girls learned to suck...
Great thread! We bought two cribs before the girls came. The idea was to have them together in a crib in our room and when they turned six months they would go into two cribs in their own room. : Anyhoo! They came early, in a city an airplane ride from our home, and I had severe pre eclampsia and a c-section. Bleah! So when Annika came "home" from the hospital 3 days after I did, she slept in a bassinet in the hotel we were staying at. The bassinet was right...
I'm taking a deep breath and preparing to add some hemp inserts to my stash of pockets. I have both Wonderoos and FBs and plan to continue using pockets exclusively for the time being. Right now we are just doing days and using MOE microterry inserts for the FBs and some microfiber towels for the Wonderoos. I need to start using the dipes at night SOON so will need to add to my insert stash. It has been recommended that I get hemp. So I need some recommendations...
Thanks for the advice (and head scratching :LOL ). I guess it was those yellow microfiber inserts. Now that they've been through the laundry several times I think I'll try again and see what happens. I knew it coudn't be the diapers, I was a child in the 70s and have worn my share of polyester! :LOL
We have nap and going to bed routines. I generally nap or rest with them while they nap too. I like doing this and with a routine we can do it. Their sleep schedules would probably be different from each other if I didn't do these routines so I am sure there is some training there. But I'm with them all the time, I don't force them to sleep, they don't cry to sleep, we co-sleep (as I said above, even for naps) so I consider that a good trade-off for me to stay sane and...
Hey, congrats on your little one and on the great job you're doing! Love your siggy! Hmm, have you been to my house? :LOL I've got two that do all that! Maybe they are triplets? All I can say is, yeah, that all sounds about right. Signing and word use is inconsistent but you'll notice it getting gradually more consistent over time, gradually of course, and never at the actual moment when you really need them to be able to communicate clearly! The good ole'...
Thanks for the suggestions and sources! I am looking to increase my stash so this is helpful. I've been a little leery of hemp because I'm still working out my laundering routine with the non-hemp things, but clearly it's something I need to be considering for the future. Wool - in Hawaii? Would it be possible not to melt? I'm curious - love the knitted things I see here but can't imagine the babies woudn't spend all night sweating.