or Connect

Posts by Dacks

I don't really understand how a little one will be able to easily display their personal interest in numbers and letters if not exposed to them in a kid-friendly manner.m Then again, I don't see how a kid in the modern world could be insulated from the existence of numbers and letters either, even if it isn't in a kid-accessible format.   I learned from Sesame Street how to count to 12 in English and 10 in Spanish, and to use the word of the day in funny ways!...
I am quite a nerd    The humidity and cloud cover messes with at least half of the nights I am scheduled! It is a huge frustration. I'm scheduled for the next 10 days and the forecast says "Ha! Yeah right!" I'm actually not familiar with telescopes other than the one here, since I never had the money for one as a kid. I'm not a real deal astronomer, but a physicist who uses astronomy tools when it suits me and likes to look at pretty astronomy pictures. I'm thinking...
The thing I think most appeals to me when planning my single motherhood (eventually) is that I won't have to put my kid's safety in the hands of someone I don't trust. My EX had horrible driving habits, extremely angry tailgating and yelling and driving too fast. He swore up and down that my defensive driving was way way less safe than his 'expert' aggressive driving. He terrified me, and was even angry when I tensed up and held the door handle while we were so close to...
    -Where do you want to live/where do you live? I'm in Florida, but ideally would like to live in Colorado, the PNW, or back home in Missouri. -How many kiddos do you want, and does anyone plan to adopt? I would like to have one biological and then adopt one or two. *Do you have any hobbies?* Laziness? Ok, that isn't a hobby. I've been kayaking lately. I like to read but don't very often unless it is a textbook. *What do you do as a job? I'm a...
You made me giggle on both counts there. I hope the thousands of dollars pay off for you!
Oh gosh lets see:    Depo - because who doesn't like month-long periods and no libido? No idea if it was really effective or just made me bloody and bored for 4 years.    Hormonal Patch - It didn't stay on, left gross white patches on my skin, and did NOT even out my periods. Lasted 4 or 5 months.   Ortho-Tri Pill - You know what feels stupid? Taking a pill every day to keep from getting pregnant, while you still don't really want sex and bleed 2 weeks at a...
I just have to say that this thread and its responses warms my heart and makes me really glad I decided to join this site recently. I wasn't sure even reading some of the other threads here if this would be a welcoming place for people like me. While I have never had an abortion, I would if I decided it was necessary, and now I know that people here would not judge harshly for it.    My heart goes out to you for all the stresses you are under right now, and I hope it...
My experience in the last 3 years with the Paragard has been fairly good. I tried Depo, which landed me in 30 Day Period Land with zero libido. Then I tried the pill and the patches, but even on those my periods were incredibly long (I had perfectly timed 5 day flows before Depo). I quit all BC for awhile and then got the IUD and that is when things started looking up. Well, except for insertion, which left me in a miserable crampy surprise evacuation of bowels kind of...
Please put me in for "A Little Bit Longer"   I'm waiting to graduate before I start making calls for available baby batter donors :)