or Connect

Posts by murphyag

Hello. I have a question and looked in the Vaccine Book, but didn't exactly find the answer.   Here is the background info. My son is 4 1/2 and I'm trying to decide which shot to give at his appt. on Friday. He was vaxed on the cdc schedule until age 4 mos and then I started spreading shots out. He had the first 3 DTAP shots on schedule, but the 4th shot that is usually given around 15-18 months I waited on. I didn't give him the 4th DTAP shot until his 3 year old...
Thank you for answering my questions. I had rubella immunity when I was pregnant with my son, but that was in 2006. I called my obgyn office after I read your reply and the nurse told me that if I was immune to the rubella with my first child that I would still be immune during this pregnancy. Do you generally agree with that statement? Thank you again for your help.
Dr. Bob,   I own a copy of the Vaccine Book, but I bought it in either 2007 or early 2008 and wasn't sure of how you updated your alternative vacc. schedule to include the MMR (since it is no longer an option to split the measles, mumps, rubella into different shots).   What age do you now suggest getting the MMR as part of your alternate vacc. schedule? And is it given alone or paired with another shot?   My son is 4 1/2 and I'm considering giving him the...