or Connect

Posts by jgallagher66

Babies usually lose weight immediately after birth and a breastfed baby should be back at birthweight 10-14 days after birth. That is why your doctor was not concerned. It sounds like your baby is perfectly on schedule. Here are some links that may help: kellymom.com/bf/normal/weight-gain/ kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/enough-milk/ kellymom.com/bf/normal/newborn-nursing/ Your baby should nurse 10-12 times per day (24 hours) Sounds like you're off to a great...
There is never a reason to retract. No one should be retracting his foreskin but him. Even if he has a huge bm blowout. Please check out links and if you need an intact friendly doctor check out thewholenetwork.org/intact-friendly-doctors.html
I am actually speechless. I agree that this is very serious. At the very least, I would speak to the head of daycare. This is so completely inappropriate that I don't know exactly how to respond. Here are some links with the information you requested. www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org/info/physiciansguide.html www.cirp.org/library/normal/ I am really horrified not only that this woman did something that could be extremely painful and harmful to a child but yhen...
I feel like I keep posting almost the same thing. One of the most common reasons is irritation from soap. Some babies are sensitive to laundry products if you cloth diaper or sensitive to disposable dispers as well. The best way to care for the intact penis is to wash with plain water, no soap, skip the baby wipes. Pat it dry gently and then leave it exposed to air for a bit. Don't put any creams on it. Less common are bacterial or yeast infections. These will also...
Good for you for being aware and saving your son from something very painful if that doctor had retracted his foreskin. It is very sad that doctors are so unaware of how to care for a child's body unless it has been disfigured.
You might try not putting so much stuff on it. Plain water and lots of air (going without a diaper) might be helpful. I haven't dealt with reoccuring infections but it's important to remember that the area under the foreskin is a mucous membrane and is very sensitive. Tea tree oil can be pretty irritating even if it's diluted. I would recommend plain water baths, no soap or anything. Then let him spend lots of diaper free time airing it out. Sometimes the area may look red...
I had an xray in the 2nd trimester. I spoke to my ob. I had a broken tooth that had a huge crack in it and they felt that the risk of infection was too greatto wait until after delivery. The ob agreed and they did do xrays to make sure I didn't need a root canal. They did use 2 lead aprons and they were digital xrays which are very low radiation. My doctor said it was the same amount of radiation as you would get during a one hour flight and I wouldn't hesitate to fly so I...
I don't have any real advice for you. I wouldn'tetrt my kids go to Grandma's if Grandma fed them food that I told her not to. We deal with food allergies so it's very important that they only eat approved foods. However I live 2000 moles away from Grandma so that's easy for me to say. If Grandma won't listen to you or DH when you explain that the food she gives your dd is causing her health problems, then I guess you just have to weigh the pros and cons of her going there...
I've gotten interested in making my own shampoo, soap, deoderant and other items. I've been doing a lot of exploring online and I'm finding some good recipes but I would love to find a couple of books on this. Does anyone have any book suggestions on natural body care items like this that you can make? Thanks.
The vegan cookbook I use the most is Veganomicon. Also Vegan with a Vengeance. I've also gotten into the Happy Herbivore cookbooks. The forks over knives cookbook is excellent too. When I used to eat dairy I also liked the Moosewood Cookbooks, Julie Jordan's cookbooks especially The Cabbagetown Cookbook. These are probably out of date and may be out of print but I loved them once. I would suggest checking your local library before you buy so you can try them without a...