or Connect

Posts by SunnyDay109

I know, I'm a pretty unusual poster here- unlike everybody here, I am just a teenager. I'm posting because In sixth grade I was given an IQ test, and did amazingly well in language-based areas- between 9th grade and higher in all areas tested, especially writing. I am now an eighth grader, and I don't know what to do with this information. I cannot skip a grade because I am in eighth grade already, and because of my lack of good math skills comparable to other students...
Oh, yeah, that definitely was me growing up. I always thought I was gonna die too. Once, when I kept having chest pains (reasons unknown), I thought this meant I was having a heart attack. Turns out I was FINE. Still, I was glad to know that i was ok, that it probably was stress or anxiety or something.
Oh, yeah, I can definitely relate. I always read my parents books growing up, and let's just say that it was....interesting. For one thing, when my family was worrying about a possible diagnosis of ADHD and Math LD (which turned out to be true, alas), they read all sorts of books on special needs kids that I happened to read, too. And it was interesting, because when Mom would write in the margins, that allowed me to see a bit of what was going on in her head. Also, the...
Oh, yeah, I can definitely relate. Actually, I was not in any GT programs, and i never really fit in socially, so i probably had a lot more problems than you have with your son. I can understand how boring it is for him, but unless he finds some other option, it's something that you'll tolerate. You could challenge him after school and on weekends though, like quiz him on the spelling and definitions of each word and quiz him to see if he can do the math in his head- no...
LOL- that totally sounds like me when I was little! You can ask me any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
My sister and I have a very tight bond, seeing as she's only 2.11 years older than me. But we've fought, mostly because she is so much better at math (and maybe even science) than me. And it's hard comparing myself to her. Oh, and by the way- she's had straight A's all her life except for a B she got in second grade. It's hard to be better than that. Otherwise, we're very close. We teach each other a lot and enjoy each other's company. But there is indeed a lot of...
From a Kid's Point of View:   My hair tangled very easily when i was younger, and also, it's a lot of layers, so when I was little, it hurt really badly when my mom combed my hair. I had short hair until I was six, probably, but it still hurt all the same. I did have detangler when I was little, but I needed massive amounts of it to have any effect at all. I also needed (and still need) a lot of conditioner in my hair to make it more manageable. My mom would just put...
From a Kid's Point of View:   My hair tangled very easily when i was younger, and also, it's a lot of layers, so when I was little, it hurt really badly when my mom combed my hair. I had short hair until I was six, probably, but it still hurt all the same. I did have detangler when I was little, but I needed massive amounts of it to have any effect at all. I also needed (and still need) a lot of conditioner in my hair to make it more manageable. My mom would just put...