or Connect

Posts by BubbaMama

Thanks for the replies.  Homemademom, my LLL leader sent me that presentation over the weekend, very interesting.  I think I am going to ask to get it clipped.  What are your thoughts on the lip tie, not a problem since latch is okay?
Yes!  It does seem to be in everything, doesn't it?  I have to avoid too much gluten too so I feel I live on proten, fruit and veggies!  Coming from a pizza and mac n cheese lover this has been hard.  But so completely worth it that my LO isn't so stuffy and pukey anymore.
Sorry, I was confusing you with the other mama who was talking in this thread.  You are on diflucan?  You need to get on a higher dose if you are only taking the 150 a day.
Hmm, if you are having the internal shot like pain I would do internal GSE too, are you taking any?  FWIW, GSE added to diaper laundry removes yeast too :)   Proper shape coming out would be the way the nipple when in, no flattening, lip stick shape, etc.  A bad latch can open you up to yeast as you will get little cracks for the yeast to breed.  How old is baby? Chomping makes me think there is something else going on too - have you had your latch evaluated?  Do you...
I think you misunderstood when I said it was a slow process - I didn't purposely do that.  Just was ill informed on ALL of the forms of dairy and slowly took it out on accident - that is why I said your kellymom info was good...   Yes, I agree complete removal all at once would be best.  Even so, after I was more informed on removing every little last bit of dairy it still took 4 weeks for his constant congestion to go away. The spit up was cleared up sooner.
Keep up with the CST now, it will help reshape his palette and help him to learn the proper way to suck.   good luck!
Both of my kids are lip tied and my youngest also has a posterior TT, class II (see my recent post).  He is 9 months and we have not clipped it as it's a new discovery - he's gained weight fine, other things tipped us off.  I do know that a posterior TT can be hard for some to diagnose so your LO could have one, if found I would lean towards getting it clipped, not just because of breastfeeding but all the other things TT affects (some say gut issues, food intolerance's,...
I'm in upper IL.  DS has his 9 month physical in a couple of weeks so I was going to have the ped look at it too.  I also have a name of an ENT that I could use.  So, not necessarily a shortage of docs, just not sure if I should do it at all.   DS hasn't been to the chiro in a bit and I haven't inquired about TT work, didn't know she could do that, actually.  I've always known about the lip tie (DD had it too) but the TT is a new thing to us, I only thought to check...
  1. As long as my supply is okay, could I stop pumping and just feed her before work and on demand after work and through the night? - Yes, you will need to wean yourself off of those day time pumpings though.  I pumped at work till she was 15 months and then weaned off the pump.  My supply was fine for her to nurse morning/night and whenever on the weekends. 2.  Did you immediately start your babe on cow's milk or soy milk after one year?  Did this help with how...
sosurreal09 has great info, just wanted to add.   I took out dairy and it was a slow process, initially I wasn't avoiding all dairy, wasn't label reading and then had got better at that.  Then I accidentally ate a cookie that had margarine (thought it was DF margarine, it wasn't) so that set us back.  All in all it took us months to get it out of both of our systems.  Remember that it's at least 2 weeks for your milk PLUS 2 or so weeks for baby.  So stick to it, you...