or Connect

Posts by MrsKatie

Hi ladies!   I know there is an entire forum dedicated to this topic, but as I "know" you guys, I'd really love some feedback/opinions on this from you. I do NOT want to start a debate, I just want to know how you made this decision. I have researched vaccines to death and I just keep going around in circles. I am so torn. Everything else I do for/with this baby has been such an obvious decision, from cosleeping to cloth diapering to breastfeeding to babywearing... a...
Good luck this weekend. DH and I moved to Oregon from CA a year ago February, and telling my family was brutal. I won't go into details until after you've gone through it first... but the end story is that everyone is ok, and yes, Skype is awesome, I JUST was on Skype about 10 minutes ago with my parents and little sister.  I stuck the baby's face in the camera and everyone was happy.  Also, I don't know if my relationship with my parents could be as healthy and...
I'm also vegan, and eating a ton.  Lots of oatmeal with bananas and walnuts, smoothies, huge salads with nuts and quinoa and avocado thrown in, etc.  Plus copious amounts of spelt toast and Earth Balance (vegan butter - LOVE).  While my diet is pretty healthy, I do want to cut down on the amount of toast and vegan butter I eat... it gets out of hand.   I was 100% raw for 4 months before I got pregnant.  I didn't feel as great as I thought I would, but I LOOKED...
KJ is almost always in my fleece Kangaroo Korner sling.  I bought it from a used baby-goods store in Portland, since they don't make them anymore.  We LOVE it.  You can find them on ebay, I bet!   For longer walks/outings, I prefer the 2-shoulder support of the Moby.  yeah, it's a pain to get on, but we love it.  KJ was super fussy yesterday and nothing was helping, till I put her in the Moby.  She fell asleep in SECONDS.  Yeah, it's a pain to put on, but it's so great!
Jaimee - oh no I'm so sorry! I hope everyone feels better ASAP.  You poor thing!   KJ's little velcro swaddle sack is officially a miracle worker.  She slept from 9pm-2:30am, uninterrupted.  Then she ate and fell back to sleep till about 5am, then slept again till 7:45am.  The only downside is that my breasts got SUPER full - as close as they've ever come to engorged - because I wasn't feeding her ever 2 hours like I have been!  I hope this won't disrupt my supply......
...And loving her new Bumbo chair!  
Holy  crap we make cute babies. Becky, it's true, Levi is a Mini-Mikey!  Seraf - your DP is a trooper, it must be quite a sight to see her pregnant AND carting around a newborn! Love it! OK, get ready for about a billion KJ pics!  
Everyone, I have some wonderful news.  Grandma stayed behind in the Bay Area (her 2 daughters live there) when DH and I came back up to OR.  She was planning on staying just a few extra days down there while her son came to visit.  Well, I just learned she's planning to stay in the Bay... FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH OF JANUARY.  Joy!   In other news, KJ had a marathon sleep session last night.  I have one of those velcro swaddle blanket things that a friend gave me, and when...
I'm in awe of you ladies who can nurse while shopping/walking around!  That's amazing.  I have yet to even try that, but I'd love to...   I don't ever cover.  I got a nursing cover as a gift and it was just so cumbersome and awkward and both KJ and I hated it and it made me feel more self-conscious than if I were to just nurse uncovered.  As if I were apologizing for feeding my baby.  I feel like all the ladies/men around me that make up "the public" were breastfed...
KJ loves both sides equally but my right side produces a lot more.  And that side leaks friggin' EVERYWHERE at night still.  I keep waking up thinking KJ's diaper fell off and she peed everywhere.  Nope.  Just me!