or Connect

Posts by MrsKatie

I know! I drank castor oil the day before, and I did a few minutes of nipple stim and had an orgasm the day of, but guess what... I'd been trying the nipple stim/big O stuff like DAILY for WEEKS.  As for the castor oil, the jury's still out... since my water broke about 36 hours after I drank it.  And honestly, the experience was so awful I can't in good conscience recommend it.   Swimming? A margarita? Abra, I thought you made those things up to be funny, and then I...
Jaimee - wow. That was super unprofessional of your midwife. I am always shocked when people do/say such utterly thoughtless and selfish things. Especially a woman who's there to help another woman!  Has she never been pregnant?  Holy crap.   The overdue baby thing is so friggin' hard.  Yeah, I know that the "due date" is arbitrary.  I know that babies come on their own time.  WE ALL KNOW THIS.  But guess what.  We don't live in a world where it's convenient to be on...
Re: the baby blues, I will be 3 weeks PP tomorrow and the major weepiness/anxiety/overwhelming emotions seem to be leveling out.  I, too, have taken my placenta pills religiously, and have found that I haven't needed them as much the last few days.  I haven't even taken any today and I'm feeling pretty great, especially considering the fact that this is the first day that DH is at work AND my family is no longer in town (they were helping me out like crazy).  Being alone...
We hit that yesterday.  Katie fussed all day and wanted to nurse every 15-30 minutes.  ALL. DAY.  She didn't fall asleep at all until about 3:30pm... and even then she woke frequently to eat, eat, eat!  My nipples are sore all over again after yesterday and last night.  Seems to have eased up a bit today but MAN.   She got weighed today and she's up to 8lb 13oz from 7lb 10oz just 2 weeks ago.  Yay baby!
Hi everyone!   I have a healthy baby girl who was born 11/10/11, vaginally and with no complications.  My labor and delivery were done drug-free at a birth center.   She had no shots/eye ointment/etc at birth.   I want to delay vaccinating, and possibly avoid it altogether, but at baby's 2-week pediatrician appt today the doctor talked at length about the number of pertussis cases she's seen in the last few years.  I want to emphasize that the doctor in no way...
Holy CRAP she's gorgeous!  
I tried a bunch on and fell in love with the Boba - don't see those around much!   But these days, Katie is constantly in the Kangaroo Korner sling I found at a secondhand store in Portland.  I'm in love with it!
Baby Katie is a lazy night-latcher... and I am loathe to admit that I, too, am quite lazy about remedying the situation.  If it "just hurts a little" while we're doing some side-lying nursing, I'm kinda like "eh, f it" cause I'm so sleepy!  Fortunately we're both getting much better about it... Baby K is a bit of a smacker/clicker at times, too, and she LOVES to fall asleep at the breast but maintain a death grip on my poor nipple.  So prying her off while she's snoozing...
This is good to hear, and I'm pretty confident that all my pp anxiety and weepy-ness is well within the normal range.  I've taken a bunch of postpartum anxiety/depression questionnaires, and nothing resonates with my experience thus far, thank goodness.  But I am on high alert, and DH is, too, since he has lots of knowledge of and experience with my previous depressive episodes.  So I feel like we're covered from all sides if I start to go down an alarming...
Oh my gosh, this is exactly how I feel too with the sleeping thing, she's got this awesome cosleeper that I haven't even tried because I can't even have her in bed and not touching me (or on DH's chest).  Like you said, it's not a logical thing at all... it's like I'm addicted to her.