or Connect

Posts by mirandamiranda

Hi again, thanks for your replies! The heart rate has been normal all night and this morning too. The OB is still recommending induction because that is what the perinatologist they consulted yesterday said. But he also suggested I could go home and come back in a day or two for another test. My midwife suggested trying to kick start labour naturally today, so I am going to give that a go. I think I'm not far off anyway to be honest. I feel frustrated that this one...
I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge or resources regarding the possible risk factors of a low baseline fetal heart rate in late pregnancy. I am 40 weeks 3 days and the baby's heart rate has been normal until now. Today it was down to a baseline of around 100. My midwife sent me for an NST and u/s. the heart rate stayed low for a while but had good variability, accelerations etc. after 40 minutes of so it went up to at least the teens and has been at that or higher...
I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge or resources regarding the possible risk factors of a low baseline fetal heart rate in late pregnancy. I am 40 weeks 3 days and the baby's heart rate has been normal until now. Today it was down to a baseline of around 100. My midwife sent me for an NST and u/s. the heart rate stayed low for a while but had good variability, accelerations etc. after 40 minutes of so it went up to at least the teens and has been at that or higher...
I am with all of you ladies on this one... My others were all early, I am now 4 hours from going the longest I have in any pregnancy, and I am definitely feeling impatient in a way I have not before!   And what is going on with this dilation question? I had it too and it is very odd to me, in the UK (where I had my other babies, in US now) it is not standard to be checking pregnant ladies' dilation all the time before they go into labour even. I don't know why any...
I just wanted to add a tip that I have found really useful (when I manage to do it...). Instead of constantly criticizing (don't do this, stop that, etc) it can be very productive to come up with a positive approach. So at the table, you can say something like: "how about we all try really hard to use our best manners tonight! Who can remember what good manners look like? Let's practice to impress dad!" Or, "can you show me how nicely you can share the iPad together? I bet...
I just want to say how sorry I am about what happened to you. Violation of informed consent and of patient confidentiality are very big issues, and you are in no way over-reacting - and that is without your own personal past trauma and completely natural reaction linked to this. Let alone the family issues! You poor thing, so much going on on top of having a new baby...   This is definitely an issue where the OB should be reported, and I would strongly encourage you...
Congratulations from here too! So glad it all went well, if somewhat intensely... Enjoy your little one!
Congratulations! Best wishes for your labour and birth.
I have had two kinds of non-labour contractions in pregnancy, and I have never been sure which (if either) counts as BH. Most commonly I have a strong tightening of my uterus, not painful but uncomfortable as it feels like there is a bowling ball in my abdomen pressing down on everything! I have had this from around 16 weeks onwards with this pregnancy and my first, it is usually worse with activity or if my bladder is full. Then more recently, just with this pregnancy I...
I would agree with the poster who said it feels easier the second time around. I had twins after a singleton and it was STILL easier! I think you are just more accustomed to having your time/attention/energy drained by another person so that part is less of a shock. I am never very good at just lying in bed with baby, I think I am going to have to make an effort to make sure I get enough rest. Somehow when the baby is asleep I want to do all the fun stuff I am missing out...